Fignition 2

Rikard Lang

Nov 22, 2014, 6:31:27 PM11/22/14
to fign...@googlegroups.com
This is mostly aimed towards Julz, but I suspect other people will join the discussion. This is something that has been on the back of my mind for quite some time, and my train of thought kinda accelerated when reading about Julz stance on for example SD-cards, HDMI, USB and so on. The Fignition is a great success, it can do so much with so little, what if a successor is created. A machine that is slightly more capable, 64K RAM - 16K/32K ROM/firmware, some kind of soundchip (PSG, FM), and some kind of removable storage media. Perhaps even an LCD-screen so that it becomes a true portable machine for coding or controlling stuff on the go. In my mind I see a wedge shaped Fignition 2 with a keyboard - much like the C64 and other similar 8-bit machines, that is probably taking it too far ;-)