Nevada's new Session

Brandon Gottier

Jan 18, 2015, 12:51:48 PM1/18/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hello!  I know you guys are working hard on getting all of the state sessions up and going.  I was wondering when Nevada's session and all the pre filed bills will be available.

Thanks!

James Turk

Jan 20, 2015, 11:49:38 AM1/20/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
We're focusing on bringing states back in the order that they come into session so unfortunately Nevada is somewhat far down the list with a start date of 2/2.  We should have it ready by then, if not earlier.

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Brandon Gottier <des...@bdgwebdesign.com> wrote:
Hello!  I know you guys are working hard on getting all of the state sessions up and going.  I was wondering when Nevada's session and all the pre filed bills will be available.

Thanks!

James Turk
Labs Director | Sunlight Foundation
202-558-8723@JamesTurk

Sunlight Foundation

Brandon Gottier

Feb 11, 2015, 11:34:57 AM2/11/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
There is a new DoctypeID for this session (9).  Can you add this to the list of bills for Nevada?

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/78th2015/Reports/HistListBills.cfm?DoctypeID=9

Thank you!

James Turk

Feb 11, 2015, 12:25:57 PM2/11/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure how we should best handle these, I can't tell if they're introduced by legislators or not?   They seem to be missing a lot of the information all other bills have, but exist in the LIS for convenience but seem substantially different unless I'm misunderstanding.

Brandon Gottier

Feb 11, 2015, 1:11:34 PM2/11/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hey James, thanks for the reply.  These are the bills that initiated by a petition from the general public.  They will be treated like any other bills (hearings, votes, etc).

James Turk

Feb 11, 2015, 1:14:09 PM2/11/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Ah gotcha, good to know they'll have votes and such.  Right now our system expects certain attributes like legislative sponsors.  I'll talk to Paul to discuss how we'd want to handle this.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:11 PM, Brandon Gottier <des...@bdgwebdesign.com> wrote:
Hey James, thanks for the reply.  These are the bills that initiated by a petition from the general public.  They will be treated like any other bills (hearings, votes, etc).

Brandon Gottier

Mar 10, 2015, 6:44:18 PM3/10/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hey James,

Checking in on the status of the IP bills that we talked about in the last post.  The DoctypeID is the only difference in the URL that needs to be scraped...see the list here:

Thanks!

Paul Tagliamonte

Mar 11, 2015, 1:21:13 PM3/11/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hey Brandon!

I filed a ticket for this, I'm sure we can capture this. https://sunlight.atlassian.net/browse/DATA-446

Thanks!
  Paul

Paul Tagliamonte
Software Developer | Sunlight Foundation

Brandon Gottier

mwat...@sunlightfoundation.com

Mar 19, 2015, 4:12:52 PM3/19/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandon,

I'm going to work on this this afternoon, and should get a pull request up by tomorrow; Open States may have the data early next week.

—Miles

mwat...@sunlightfoundation.com

Mar 20, 2015, 3:03:55 PM3/20/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com