What's the best way to feed the changes back to Open States for specific data issues?

David Gravina

Apr 23, 2014, 9:02:26 AM4/23/14
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
We just audited our import of the JSON files for the US state and found some problems with specific representative data  ... for instance in the Alabama House of Reps we found ja...@jackwilliams.org had a %20 in front of the email, in Georgia House of Reps 8 reps have two email addresses appended together and so on.

We'll fix our own data but we'd like to report these in some how to improve the data for all.

James Turk

Apr 23, 2014, 12:24:53 PM4/23/14
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hi David-

Thanks for thinking of contributing back!

The best way would be to file a few issues in https://sunlight.atlassian.net/ and we can get them fixed upstream, if you have fixes adding a link to a CSV file or similar would be great but we can also usually make scraper fixes to better strip weird characters if you're seeing them.

-James

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 9:02 AM, David Gravina <d...@digitaleskimo.net> wrote:
We just audited our import of the JSON files for the US state and found some problems with specific representative data  ... for instance in the Alabama House of Reps we found ja...@jackwilliams.org had a %20 in front of the email, in Georgia House of Reps 8 reps have two email addresses appended together and so on.

We'll fix our own data but we'd like to report these in some how to improve the data for all.

David Gravina

Apr 24, 2014, 5:25:51 AM4/24/14
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks James - we'll provide detailed descriptions for the data issues we've found.