When might NY data get updated?

James Schaffer

Jan 5, 2015, 12:30:54 PM1/5/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hi OpenStaters,

I'm wondering if you can make a guess when the NY data is likely to be updated with the new term's legislators based on historical update dates.

Thanks very much,
James Schaffer

Kory P

Jan 6, 2015, 4:51:13 PM1/6/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
HI James,

It sounds like Sunlight is working on it as quickly as possible.  Paul, is there anything us folks in the states can do to help out?

Arizona is another priority for groups I'm working with too.

Thanks Sunlight for all of the good work.  Let us know if we can help

kory

Paul Tagliamonte

Jan 6, 2015, 5:29:33 PM1/6/15
On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 11:51:11AM -1000, Kory P wrote:
> HI James,
>
> It sounds like Sunlight is working on it as quickly as possible.

Exactly right, we're currently going through states sorted by
legislative start date, and trying to keep ahead of the curve. So far,
we're looking pretty good.

> Paul, is
> there anything us folks in the states can do to help out?

Oh, absolutely! Contributing to Open States is pretty straight forward
Python 2 scraping work -- we have some of it documented on the
contributing[1] page

[1]: http://openstates.org/contributing/

> Arizona is another priority for groups I'm working with too.

Awesome. If you send in a Pull Request to the Open States repo, I'd be
happy to give it a quick turnaround!

> Thanks Sunlight for all of the good work.  Let us know if we can help

Taking a look at your home state would be awesome! Feel free to contact
me on IRC (#openstates on irc.freenode.net) or over email for help!

> kory

Paul

--
Paul Tagliamonte