New Open States Staffing

mwat...@sunlightfoundation.com

Sep 24, 2015, 12:33:02 PM9/24/15
to Open State Project

Going forward, Andy Lo (a...@sunlightfoundation.com) will be taking over Sunlight's efforts on Open States; Rachel Shorey and myself, who currently make up Team Open States, are each moving on to other organizations in the coming weeks.

In addition, Sunlight Labs is hard at work on two big new offerings (Open Federal and a criminal justice project). As such, while we're still going to maintain Open States in full, Sunlight'll also be a bit short-staffed in general during the next few months, so forgive us if there're minor delays in handling scraper issues or answering questions. (Want to join the Sunlight team? Get in touch!)

On a personal note, I feel very lucky to have worked on Open States for the past year. James, Paul, Rachel, and Andy have been wonderful teammates, mentors, and friends. And all of you have made it a great experience as well! I've genuinely loved our conversations in contact emails and bug tickets; getting to see the range of individuals and organizations building upon the Open States ecosystem has made my time at Sunlight Labs all the more rewarding and exciting. Keep on rocking.

—Miles Watkins