SSL Support

Brian Adams

Apr 9, 2014, 3:00:28 PM4/9/14
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Just curious why other Sunlight API's are supporting an HTTPS connection and wondering if there are any future plans to allow HTTPS support for the OpenStates API. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

James Turk

Apr 9, 2014, 3:30:40 PM4/9/14
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian-

The Congress API and the Open Civic Data API both support HTTPS, and I'm sure others will eventually as well.   The Open States API is in the process of being replaced by the Open Civic Data API so we have no immediate plans to support HTTPS on Open States.  Our suggestion is that users that need it try and migrate to the Open Civic Data API (api.opencivicdata.org).

-James