Virginia Bill Error

Katherine Hoffer

Jan 25, 2016, 4:01:55 PM1/25/16
to Open State Project
We use the API for our website. A cross check with Virginia's Legislative Information System is suggesting that there is a bug in scraping from this site for the 2016 Session. For instance: The Open States API lists Virginia Senate Bill 165 as "Public-Private Transportation Act of 1995; additional requirements for certain agreements." However, the state's site lists this as "Open-end credit agreements; sellers of certain goods to extend credit." I have found this issue for several bills this session. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you.

Andy Lo

Jan 26, 2016, 11:37:36 AM1/26/16
to Open State Project
Hi Katherine,

I'm successfully getting the bill that Open States reflects on the website through the API.  The query that I'm using is:

The bill detail from the bill ID provided seems to be correct as well:

Can you provide the query you're attempting to use?

Katherine Hoffer

Jan 27, 2016, 11:10:02 AM1/27/16
to Open State Project
Hi Andy,

I'm not sure if it is an error on our web developer's side, but I will reach out to them to make sure that they are using this query.

Thank you so much for the quick response!

-- Katherine