Notice: Stale Data on `api.opencivicdata.org`

mwat...@sunlightfoundation.com

Sep 28, 2015, 3:54:23 PM9/28/15
to Open State Project
TL;DR: If you only use openstates.org and openstates.org/api then this post does not concern you at all; these are both still up and maintained by the Sunlight Foundation.

Sunlight had been planning to switch its Open States backend from billy (MongoDB) to Open Civic Data (PostgreSQL). To this end, we had been serving state legislative data in OCD format on `api.opencivicdata.org`. However, we have decided to stop populating this OCD database, and instead just continue to serve our data from openstates.org and openstates.org/api, as we have all along. The data on `api.opencivicdata.org` is now stale and will not be updated by Sunlight going forward.