OpenStates API 401 Error

Chris Hubbard

Oct 19, 2015, 1:47:45 PM10/19/15
to Open State Project
I'm getting a 401 returned when I query the OpenStates API, however, the other APIs seem to be working fine using the same API key.

Authorization Required: obtain a key at http://services.sunlightlabs.com/accounts/register/

Daniel Roberts

Oct 19, 2015, 2:29:35 PM10/19/15
to Open State Project
I got the same message. I registered for a new API Key and it worked.

lauren mier

Oct 19, 2015, 2:58:50 PM10/19/15
to Open State Project
that worked for me too. Thanks @Daniel Roberts!

Chris Brown

Oct 19, 2015, 4:35:19 PM10/19/15
to Open State Project
Same problem here. Kind of a pain to register for a new key when the other works fine for the congress API

Emma Foster

Oct 19, 2015, 7:03:47 PM10/19/15
to Open State Project
Did this and still getting 401s here.

John Bogil

Oct 19, 2015, 7:12:42 PM10/19/15
to Open State Project
Signed up for new API key and am still getting Authorization Required

John Bogil

Oct 20, 2015, 10:34:56 AM10/20/15
to Open State Project
API is working for me now at 10:34 EST

Daniel Roberts

Oct 20, 2015, 2:28:02 PM10/20/15
to Open State Project
Yep. Appears to be fixed. I reverted back to old key.

Kory P

Oct 20, 2015, 6:43:41 PM10/20/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
I acquired a new API key and things are working for me.
thanks all

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Daniel Roberts <danrob...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yep. Appears to be fixed. I reverted back to old key.

John Bogil

Oct 26, 2015, 5:02:39 PM10/26/15
to Open State Project
Any chance we are going to get an explanation from Open States?

Andy Lo

Nov 6, 2015, 10:12:18 AM11/6/15
to Open State Project
Hello all,

I apologize for the belated response - a combination of hunting down management access so I could post and unfortunately leaving things by the wayside while focusing on putting out fires.  The API hiccup last month was due to an internal service for authenticating API keys becoming unavailable.  This should now be resolved.  If anybody is still experiencing API key issues, please let us know.

Thank you all for your patience, and I plan on being more diligent with this group from here on out.

Kory P

Nov 6, 2015, 11:38:51 AM11/6/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Andy,

I appreciate the good work you all are doing there. These things happen in the nonprofit world. Glad you're on board.

Kory

Vinuraj M V

May 4, 2016, 11:41:51 AM5/4/16
to Open State Project
Hey Andy,

Even after updated the key with a new one, still receiving the 410 error for http://openstates.org/api/v1/metadata/

Error:
Authorization Required:

Andy Lo

May 6, 2016, 10:00:43 AM5/6/16
to Open State Project
Hi Vinuraj,

Please send a description of your problem as well as the e-mail address you used to register for an API key (or the API keys themselves) to opens...@sunlightfoundation.com and we can take a look at the issue.

José Bayoán Santiago Calderón

Dec 13, 2016, 11:28:27 PM12/13/16
to Open State Project
Attempting to get a new API key gives me:

This site can’t be reached

services.sunlightlabs.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

i2acc...@i2integration.com

Dec 14, 2016, 1:44:33 PM12/14/16
to Open State Project
Hi guys,

we are facing a problem when calling the bill function on the state API, i thought we need to register a new API but the page http://services.sunlightlabs.com/accounts/register/

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 1:47:45 PM UTC-4, Chris Hubbard wrote:
API Error.PNG