Open States Geocoder work

Paul Tagliamonte

Feb 12, 2015, 10:51:07 AM2/12/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hey there Fiftystates,

I've been doing some work behind the scenes to update our geo handling
for district information.

This contains two big updates:

1) This will be up to date district information (new districts, yay!)
2) The old boundary_id slugs have been replaced by open civic data
division identifiers (yay!), which are much more standardized, and
can be used for better crosswalking between services

However, in the switchover, there have been a few mismatches. I'm
working them out today -- if you see any funny behavior with the
districts, please let me know.

So far, I'm aware of two issues (NV senate and I just saw Mike's email about
Maine)

Please let me know if anything else is looking funny. Sorry for the
hiccups on this, we're adding a bunch of test points to avoid
regressions like this in the future.

Happy to answer questions,
Paul

--
Paul Tagliamonte
Software Engineer

Mike Tipping

Feb 12, 2015, 2:13:43 PM2/12/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
That's great to hear. I have a tool launching tomorrow morning that I'd love to use the API for.

-Mike