API returning duplicate legislators in New York

John Bogil

Oct 29, 2015, 9:56:52 AM10/29/15
to Open State Project
When I make a request for legislators in NY, the API returns me duplicate legislators. For example:

I made this call using the legislator Geo lookup:

openstates.org/api/v1//legislators/geo/?lat=40.741249&long=-73.989676&apikey=[APIKEY]

And I was returned 3 legislator objects:
Richard Gottfried, legID: NYL000114
Liz Krueger, legID: NYL000358
Liz Krueger, legID: NYL000028

I've only been able to reproduce this for New York State. Anybody experience anything similar?

Kory P

Oct 29, 2015, 3:10:16 PM10/29/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hi John, I don't recall having seen that

Andy Lo

Nov 6, 2015, 10:15:38 AM11/6/15
to Open State Project
The duplication was due to the NY Senate scraping being refactored for their new API version.  I have since de-duplicated their records and this should no longer be an issue for the time being.