New Mexico Legislation URIs

vad...@votervoice.net

Jan 15, 2014, 4:31:32 PM1/15/14
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I noticed that the URIs for the bills for NM were broken.

I looked up the legislative website and it should actually be:

Another question on this:
If and when the URIs are changed, will that also mean that the "updated_at" time stamp will be changed to reflect a change in the document? I'm asking because if not, we won't be able to pull those changes using the API.

Thanks!

James Turk

Jan 15, 2014, 4:35:31 PM1/15/14
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, if a state breaks old session links we're typically unable to update them.  We strongly encourage states to not break their URLs like this, but when & if they do there's little we can do as it's typically not worth our effort to rescrape old sessions.  If NM

As for the other part of your question- if a source updates due to a rescrape then yes- updated_at changes (as it does for every field).

-James

James Turk

Jan 15, 2014, 4:41:21 PM1/15/14
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
The last part of that first paragraph should have said "If NM doesn't change things & provide redirects we'll unfortunately have to let old links expire."

vad...@votervoice.net