500 errors whenever trying to retrieve bill detail

Marcus Ruddick

Dec 27, 2014, 7:32:18 PM12/27/14
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
I get a 500 internal server error every time I query the api for bill detail, I've tried several different states and several different bills, none of the bills will return data, only internal server errors, and when I run the query in the browser this error is returned:

Piston/0.2.3rc1 (Django 1.6.2) crash report: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/projects/openstates/virt/src/billy/billy/web/api/handlers.py", line 91, in new_read return rc.NOT_FOUND File "/projects/openstates/virt/src/django-piston/piston/utils.py", line 55, in __getattr__ class HttpResponseWrapper(HttpResponse): File "/projects/openstates/virt/src/django-piston/piston/utils.py", line 82, in HttpResponseWrapper content = property(HttpResponse._get_content, _set_content) AttributeError: type object 'HttpResponse' has no attribute '_get_content'

am I doing something wrong? is it normal for things to not work like I'm encountering?

when I query some states I receive the same error message, but others it works and returns all bills for that state, however, for no state can I get the bill detail for any of the bills found. this makes me think the api just doesn't work? should I wait it out? or is this an ongoing problem? or is it a problem where I;m using the wrong syntax or something? any help would be very much appreciated!

Charles Forcey

Jan 5, 2015, 10:08:32 AM1/5/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Also receiving this error when querying long date ranges like http://openstates.org/api/v1/bills/?updated_since=2014-01-01&apikey=myApiKey.  Thanks for any insights!  Charlie

Staying on top of energy policy across 50 states is hard…
PowerSuite makes it easy!  See how >

Paul Tagliamonte

Jan 5, 2015, 10:38:16 AM1/5/15
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Folks started reporting this error pop up after we updated Django
piston (I think it was piston) -- I think this pops up in an error
handling codebranch.

We're currently in the process of updating all the scrapers, but this
is something I'll take a look into. Sorry about that!

Paul
> --

Paul Tagliamonte
Software Developer | Sunlight Foundation