Open States Status Update

Andy Lo

May 20, 2016, 4:01:24 PM5/20/16
to Open State Project

Hello all,

It's been a crazy ride for me since I first started at Sunlight and inherited the Open States project.  while overwhelming at first, thankfully the community has stepped up to offer assistance.  I couldn't have done all of this nearly as well without the help of several people, including:

There are also many others not listed here who have continued to provide us with useful bug and data quality reports.  Over the past nine months, we've managed to keep things chugging along and even make headway into overhauling the codebase of a lot of the scrapers, particularly in New York, Texas, New Hampshire, and New Mexico (and each of these state scraper overhauls mainly inspired by a different contributor).

I'm about to head out for a serious vacation and wanted to send out an update and thanks to everybody who has helped contribute in some way or another, as well as thank everybody for their patience.  We're hanging in there and dedicated to keeping Open States going.  With many of the state sessions wrapping up (or having wrapped up) for the year, I'm hoping the quiet time in the latter half of the year will give us some much needed breathing room to focus on tackling critical long running issues, infrastructural improvements, and potentially additional features.

Andy Lo

May 20, 2016, 4:07:39 PM5/20/16
to Open State Project
Addendum: If you'd like to follow the chain of activity and fixes, check out the Open States commit history on Github.

Kory Payne

May 20, 2016, 5:48:53 PM5/20/16
to fifty-sta...@googlegroups.com
Big thanks to all of you