FeedBurner not creating, "URL does not appear to reference valid XML file"

Hannah Ladesic

May 28, 2015, 9:16:25 AM5/28/15
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com
I recently created a new blog and wanted to check the feed this morning but saw that there was not a feed for my blog. When I went to type in the blog address, I got an error message saying "The URL does not appear to reference a valid XML file. We encountered the following problem: Error on line 50: The reference to entity "zx" must end with the ';' delimiter."

I would like to create a feed for my blog as soon as possible, but cannot seem to find the error in the XML that I could fix in order to create a feed. I did have a properly working feed for my last blog, so am unsure why the feed is not working for this one.

The blog URL is: two-spoonfuls.com or two-spoonfuls.blogspot.com will also redirect

I really appreciate any help, I am pretty new to this.

Thanks,
Hannah

Maks Verver

May 28, 2015, 11:12:06 AM5/28/15
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hannah,

FeedBurner needs the URL to an RSS or Atom feed, but it looks like you're giving it the URL of your homepage. It looks like you have a feed for your blog here: http://www.two-spoonfuls.com/feeds/posts/default/ Try burning that URL instead.

Alternatively (or additionally) you can add a link to your RSS feed on your homepage using the HTML <link> tag. Then FeedBurner and other feed processors will be able to find the feed from there. A little more information on how to do that, is here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/RSS/Getting_Started/Syndicating

 - Maks.