Oversized YouTube Videos in feed from my blog...

Thomas Kitts

May 2, 2017, 11:48:40 AM5/2/17
to General Feeds and Syndication

Okay, I am not even sure how to phrase this issue, but here goes...

For a while now, whenever I embed a video into my (Blogger) blog from YouTube using their standard embedding code, and then modifying the display width and height of the video html code to fit the column width in my blog theme, when the post is sent out via Feedburner to subscribers the video displays as a large oversized black rectangle in the email. (see below)

This didn't start to happen until a year ago and I have no clue how to fix this, or even if it is possible. But I am considering terminating my feed since it can't look good to the recipients.

Here is the video embedded in a post on my blog...

Here is an example of the video embedding code before I modified it...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u5rAp0YpRz4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And after...

<iframe width="510" height="266" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u5rAp0YpRz4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Note that I have only changed the width and height tags and that the video appears at the correct size in the blog itself – just not at the right size in the email sent out by Feedburner.

And here is how it appears in Apple's Mail app via Feedburner. The black rectangle in the lower right corner is the video...

Can anyone offer help or clarification?

Thank you in advance,

Thomas