Resync Didn't Work "There is an issue that must be addressed with your source feed for the feed" Null

MT

Jul 4, 2016, 2:43:10 AM7/4/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Feedburner stopped updating our rss / xml raw file.
After trying everything else, I tried to "Resync" and got an error "

There is an issue that must be addressed with your source feed for the feed
NULL

No explanation what the error is or what needs to be fixed.  Nothing changed on our end AFAIK.
Our raw RSS still validates on "Feed Validator"

The feedburner feed doesn't validate with error on lastbuildate format
<lastBuildDate>Tue, 28 Jun 2016 00:00:01 UTC</lastBuildDate>

but we don't have access to edit feedburner, and in any case, the raw file we're trying to resync is validated, but it won't resync.

Any suggestions, thanks?

thebudd...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2016, 4:28:33 PM7/4/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
We are experiencing this exact same issue. Updates are broken since July 3 with "null" reason as reported above. Feeds pass the validator, and there is nothing in feedmedic nor podmedic.

Les baleines et les coquillages

Jul 7, 2016, 8:26:50 AM7/7/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Same issue here. That's somehow reassuring as it means the issue is probably on feedburner's side.

Tried to ping, and then resync, nothing works and the feedburner feed does not update while the source feed works fine.

It would be great if somebody at google could step in and solve that issue!

FB: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lesbaleinesetlescoquillages
Source: http://www.lesbaleinesetlescoquillages.com/feed

Les baleines et les coquillages

Jul 9, 2016, 6:11:53 AM7/9/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Hi all,

The solution is to configure your web server so that it accepts IPv6 requests. It seems that feedburner only tries to connect through IPv6 since recently and that sites that can only be accessed using IPv4 no longer have their feeds updated.

I've just done that on my sites and resyncing / pinging worked straight away, I hope it'll work for you as well.

Nathan Smith

Jul 9, 2016, 4:22:20 PM7/9/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Thanks for the work-around.

The real solution is for Google to repair what broke, as I can hardly believe this was intentional. I think it is a bit soon for support for IPv4 to be deprecated, especially without an announcement.

Apparently nobody at the company looks at this forum at all. I've stopped using feedburner, possibly losing a sizable part of my audience.

Nathan Smith

Jul 9, 2016, 4:38:30 PM7/9/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
And yes, I can confirm what was described above was the issue. I had a AAAA record configured for my domain, but my server was not actually listening on that address. Apparently they just started using IPv6, or they changed something so that it no longer fails back to IPv4 if something is wrong in v6 land. Everything is working now.

So at least the feedburner feed can still update to keep the existing audience up-to-date, but I still won't be relying on this unsupported service any more.

MT

Jul 9, 2016, 5:47:30 PM7/9/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Thanks for the work-around, but it didn't work for me.  I configured my rss server for ipv6 and tested with ping6, but Feedburner still won't update, and when i try to resync i still get the "NULL" error msg.

Any other suggestions or am i missing something in the workaround?  Anyways, isn't it unlikely that Feedburner/Google would drop ip4 support without notice?

Thomas Themel

Jul 11, 2016, 11:30:49 AM7/11/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Just to clarify the above, IPv4 support isn't deprecated, it's just that we now prefer IPv6 to IPv4, so if you have an IPv6 DNS record but don't actually serve on IPv6 it's going to fail. I agree that falling back to IPv4 where available would be nice, but it's not very likely that this will be fixed soon.

MT, you didn't specify your feed AFAICT, if you let me know (privately if you want) which feed URL you're having problems with I can try to diagnose your problem as well.

ciao,
Thomas

MT

Jul 11, 2016, 1:49:30 PM7/11/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Hello all,

The solution that Thomas suggested worked for us.  We removed the ipv6 AAAA record from our DNS host and the feedburner immediately synced and is now working fine.

Regards All,
Michael

Nathan Smith

Jul 12, 2016, 9:49:26 AM7/12/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
It would be very helpful if you could update feedburner with a bit more debugging feedback than "null" :-)

PB

Oct 15, 2017, 3:59:55 AM10/15/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
Facing similar issue on our website http://www.final-yearproject.com/.

Feed is not working and giving below error.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
There is an issue that must be addressed with your source feed for the feed "FINAL YEAR PROJECT'S AND GUIDANCE"

The URL you entered does not appear to be a valid feed. We encountered the following problem: Error on line 3: The element type "link" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</link>".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Matti nescio

Oct 15, 2017, 5:03:05 AM10/15/17
On Sunday, 15 October 2017 10:59:55 UTC+3, PB wrote:
Facing similar issue on our website http://www.final-yearproject.com/

What are you actual domain A and CNAME records ?
Currently they are being masked by your use of Clouldflare.
(whether Cloudflare even works with Feedburner is another matter;
using Cloudflare at all with a Blogger-powered blog seems quite pointless)

Right now, you are redirecting http://www.final-yearproject.com/feeds/posts/default to
apparently broken domain records, it's trying to go to http://www.final-yearproject.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
If it did, it would just result in an endless redirect loop.

The URL you entered does not appear to be a valid feed.

PB

Oct 30, 2017, 12:48:35 PM10/30/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
You were correct, cloud flare was the problem. I paused it and now feed sync properly.

I was thinking to implement SSL on my site that is why added Cloudflare NS.