Is Google killing Feedburner?

strong3320

Aug 18, 2017, 2:14:12 PM8/18/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
This feed is not updating: http://feeds.feedburner.com/swordandthescript

It just stopped working.  No changes were made.  I've pinged, resynced, and hunted forums for an answer to no avail.  And I've noticed it has happened to other sites beyond my own.

What is going on?  Is Google killing Feedburner as it has been rumored to be contemplating for some time?  They have a graveyard full of abandoned projects, but even for Google it seems like a bold move to shutter a project with zero communication.

Matti nescio

Aug 18, 2017, 4:10:08 PM8/18/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
On Friday, 18 August 2017 21:14:12 UTC+3, strong3320 wrote:

That looks up to date compared to https://www.swordandthescript.com/feed/

strong3320

Aug 19, 2017, 12:22:17 AM8/19/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
No, it's not.  The top post is missing.  You can clearly see it in the latter and not the former.

Matti nescio

Aug 19, 2017, 1:25:58 AM8/19/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
On Saturday, 19 August 2017 07:22:17 UTC+3, strong3320 wrote:
The top post is missing.

Yes it is - but /pr-opportunity-journalism/ is missing in the Wordpress feed too.

strong3320

Aug 19, 2017, 11:17:57 AM8/19/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
Again, that not correct.  <link>https://www.swordandthescript.com/2017/08/pr-opportunity-journalism/</link> is clearly in the WordPress feed.

In addition, I published another post this morning. Guess what? The new post is in the WordPress theme but not in Feedburner.

Feedburner is broken.

strong3320

Aug 19, 2017, 11:24:18 AM8/19/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
Wait.  Maybe you are right.  I see it in the link in the code, but it's not coming through in a reader (got them running side by side in Netvibes).

strong3320

Aug 19, 2017, 12:23:19 PM8/19/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
It's got to be an HTTPS issue.  I switched to secure several weeks ago.  Everything worked fine, until now.  I noticed the WordPress feed resolves to HTTPS.

But if I edit my feed...what happens?  Do I lose all those subscribers?

strong3320

Aug 19, 2017, 2:01:18 PM8/19/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
Problem solved.  Some sort of cache issue.  I found this thread and tried it and it worked: