Feed gone astray

Randy

Jun 24, 2015, 12:31:48 AM6/24/15
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com

Help, feed whisperers!

When I run my feed through the validator, I get the following results: How can I heal my feed?

It looks like this is a web page, not a feed. I looked for a feed associated with this page, but couldn't find one. Please enter the address of your feed to validate.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/RandyBoydsBlocks

On top of that. here's what Fed medic says

FeedBurner had trouble retrieving your Source Feed: http://www.randyboydsblocks.com/feeds/posts/default

The error message is:

 Unknown feed format encountered (The root element is [Element: <html/>])

Can anyone "feed" me the right answers?

Thanks in advance for your help

PS. original blog before domain sync:   randyboyd.blogspot

Maks Verver

Jun 24, 2015, 5:06:40 AM6/24/15
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com
The FeedMedic error message really says all there is to say: the source feed at http://www.randyboydsblocks.com/feeds/posts/default contains HTML data instead of a valid feed.

If I open the source feed URL in a browser, it says "This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later." too. In fact, that error message is served on the whole domain, also on the homepage at http://www.randyboydsblocks.com/ for example.

So it looks like your site is broken! If you fix it (and in particular, the source feed) then FeedBurner will start working correctly too.

 - Maks.

Matti nescio

Jun 24, 2015, 7:17:43 AM6/24/15
On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 07:31:48 UTC+3, Randy wrote:

FeedBurner had trouble retrieving your Source Feed: http://www.randyboydsblocks.com/feeds/posts/default

PS. original blog before domain sync:   randyboyd.blogspot

When you did you publish the Blogger blog to the custom domain ?

Your domain records are incorrect , you need to go to your GoDaddy account and fix them.
randyboydsblocks.com@8.8.8.8 (Google):
randyboydsblocks.com.   3599    IN      A       184.168.221.31
randyboydsblocks.com.   3599    IN      A       216.239.34.21
randyboydsblocks.com.   3599    IN      A       216.239.36.21
randyboydsblocks.com.   3599    IN      A       216.239.38.21
randyboydsblocks.com.   3599    IN      A       184.168.221.36

The ones highlighted in red are incorrect and need to removed.
In addition to that, you need to add the required 4th A record , 216.239.32.21
(if you want your naked domain to work)

But even more missing here:

Randy

Jun 24, 2015, 12:02:56 PM6/24/15
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com
So I removed the incorrect A records and added the required fourth ... and voila, the feed suddenly works again!

And this is without changing the ghs.google.com records!?!? (I added them per instructions days ago and blogger settings accepted them, but when troubleshooting, I opted to add a site verification record through TXT. Is that why the feed works fine now? Do I still need to add new  ghs.google.com records?

Does all look well from your expert eyes?

thanks for the help!

PS: published blogger to custom domain years ago but recently had to reconfigure the settings

Matti nescio

Jun 24, 2015, 9:50:20 PM6/24/15
On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 19:02:56 UTC+3, Randy wrote:
Do I still need to add new  ghs.google.com records?

You should - preferably before you notice that the domain no longers,
or works only for some people.

So you do need
www.randyboydsblocks.com.  3599  IN     CNAME ghs.google.com.
instead of your current CNAME.

Randy

Jun 24, 2015, 10:28:33 PM6/24/15
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com
Where can I find those coordinates again?

Since verified, they're no longer in blog settings.

Randy

Jun 24, 2015, 10:44:46 PM6/24/15
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com
Just added to CNAME www.randyboydsblocks.com.ghs.googlehosted.com
that bout cover it?

Maks Verver

Jun 25, 2015, 4:25:29 AM6/25/15
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com
Seems to work just fine now! And your feed has also recovered.

 - Maks.