Wrong site's RSS showing up on another Feedburner Feed

Matthew Boyer

May 10, 2016, 9:13:26 PM5/10/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
This issue started in the past two weeks and I can't determine a cause.

My site americanidolnet.com's Feedburner Feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/AmericanIdolNet) is showing entries from a different domain, canada.bigbrothernetwork.com (http://feeds.feedburner.com/bigbrothercanada). The overwriting Feed is also one of mine and both are on the same server, but I can't figure out why the Idol site's Feedburner Feed is being overwritten by another Feed.

When I check the Idol site's RSS (http://americanidolnet.com/feed/) it shows the right content from the Idol site. Only in Feedburner's Feed does it show the other domain's content. It even changes the title of the Feed when viewed in a browser.

This is completely new in the past few weeks and I can only see it happening between these two sites out of the many Feeds I have. The only way I've been able to get Feedburner to return to the correct RSS content is by hitting the Nuclear Option of doing the resync, but this is only temporary as it soon reverts. Sometimes it takes days before it changes back, but it always seems to happen.

Feedburner has been emailing my Idol's subscribers with emails of the other site's content over and over as each time I resync it sends the last ten posts from the Idol site then the next time it changes back to the wrong content it emails that out to my subscribers. Rinse and repeat as I resync and start it over.

I've checked my Feed settings and updated it a few times but after some time it reverts to the wrong RSS content again. Very frustrating.

Any ideas why Feedburner is pulling in the wrong domain's RSS? Thanks in advance.

Matti nescio

May 10, 2016, 11:10:17 PM5/10/16
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 4:13:26 AM UTC+3, Matthew Boyer wrote:
The overwriting Feed is also one of mine and both are on the same server

Running on the same physical server on the same IP address, but on a different virtual server ?

Rule out some things - disable W3 Total Cache for the feed URLs.

Matthew Boyer

May 11, 2016, 12:15:42 AM5/11/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Both domains are on the same physical server, but I don't believe there are any virtual servers running. There is also another domain on the same server with its own Feedburner Feed, and I hadn't checked that one but sure enough it's happening there too. (Site: bigbrothernetwork.com & Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/bigbrothernetwork) Wow. So that one site's Feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/bigbrothercanada) is taking over the other sites' Feeds.

I spot checked some of my other Feedburner Feeds for sites on our second server and those are not having this issue.

Good idea on the W3TC caching. I double checked and all three of the sites are not caching the feeds.

Thanks for the assistance. I'd love to get this fixed.

Matti nescio

May 11, 2016, 12:25:17 AM5/11/16
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 7:15:42 AM UTC+3, Matthew Boyer wrote:
Good idea on the W3TC caching. I double checked and all three of the sites are not caching the feeds.

Then how come the all 3* feeds show that they cached by W3TC at the bottom of the XML source ?

Matthew Boyer

May 11, 2016, 8:01:23 AM5/11/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
All 3 feeds had (and still have) the option unchecked for "Cache feeds: site, categories, tags, comments" which, according to the plugin's creator, is how you disable caching for the feeds. As an additional step I also added a manual entry for "/feed/" to each of the 3 sites to prevent rss caching.