Feed not updating or pinging

Venti pop

Jun 10, 2016, 8:08:35 AM6/10/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
My feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/Ventipop

It hasn't updated content since May 9.

I can't ping either.

Links on the subscribe page look broken.

I moved site from Wordpress to Squarespace around that time.  Not sure if this caused the issue.

I've checked both the original feed and feedburner validity and they are both fine.

Please, advise.

Thanks,
Jay

Matti nescio

Jun 10, 2016, 8:20:48 AM6/10/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
What is the Original Feed ?

On squarespace, are you redirecting your wordpress feed URLs
to the squarespace feed URLs (or directly to the feedburner feed URL) ?
Doesn't look like it; http://www.ventipop.com/feed/
(or the numerous other wordpress feed URLs) isn't going anywhere.

If I create a new feedburner feed using http://www.ventipop.com/?format=rss
as the Original Feed, it immediately works fine.

Did you ping or resync the feedburner feed - which right now still clearly has the wordpress content ?

Venti pop

Jun 13, 2016, 3:39:05 PM6/13/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
the original feed is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ventipop

the feed address is listed right now as http://feeds.feedburner.com/feedburner/osUe

I know it's something simple and I feel dumb I can't fix this.  On squarespace, I have the syndication feed set to: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ventipop

I can't ping and resyncing seems to do nothing.

Matti nescio

Jun 13, 2016, 4:26:00 PM6/13/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 10:39:05 PM UTC+3, Venti pop wrote:

What's the Original Feed of that then ?

http://www.ventipop.com/feed/  still isn't working.

Venti pop

Jun 13, 2016, 10:20:51 PM6/13/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
as far as i know that is the original feed.

Venti pop

Jun 15, 2016, 1:14:16 PM6/15/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
No matter what I seem to do I can't get my feed to update.  I'm completely in the dark here as to what I need to do in order to fix.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Here was my original post and it's still the same problem.  I know Matt Nescio could probably fix this in about 2 minutes, but I'm a newby and am lost.

Matti nescio

Jun 15, 2016, 1:38:46 PM6/15/16
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 5:20:51 AM UTC+3, Venti pop wrote:
as far as i know that is the original feed.

That's not what I asked.

If http://feeds.feedburner.com/ventipop is Original Feed of
http://feeds.feedburner.com/feedburner/osUe , what is the Original Feed

Screenshots of the Feed Details of all the different feedburner feeds would be helpful,
including https://feeds.feedburner.com/feedburner/LUSHJ that is the only feed
linked to from ventipop.com

And you still haven't made the necessary changes in your Squarespace settings to
(as well as all the other possible Wordpress feed URLs to a Squarespace RSS or Atom feed URL)

Venti pop

Jun 15, 2016, 2:26:58 PM6/15/16
to General Feeds and Syndication

Here's a screenshot of the only feedburner feed I now have.

Where would I find the original feed of http://feeds.feedburner.com/ventipop?  I'm not trying to be a pain, I just don't know where to look for it.

In Squarespace the only place I find syndication settings is in the Blog settings "Syndication" tab.  I have http://feeds.feedburner.com/feedburner/LUSHJ listed under "RSS Feed Replacement URL"

Matti nescio

Jun 15, 2016, 2:39:48 PM6/15/16
On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 9:26:58 PM UTC+3, Venti pop wrote:

Where would I find the original feed of http://feeds.feedburner.com/ventipop?

Wherever you see  http://feeds.feedburner.com/ventipop as the Feed Address.
How many feeds do you actually have your Feedburner account (check all your possible Google accounts) ?

Why would you not change the Original Feed to one of the Squarespace feed URLs ,
when you can clearly see that https://feeds.feedburner.com/ventipop is still
trying to use the Wordpress feed as the Original Feed ?

Venti pop

Jun 15, 2016, 2:48:58 PM6/15/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
I did find the original feed by logging in with my personal email address.  Here are that feed details:

Please, treat me like I'm mentally disabled because obviously I am when it comes to this feed stuff and tell me exactly where and what I need to change in the settings for both squarespace and feedburner.

Matti nescio

Jun 15, 2016, 4:33:44 PM6/15/16
On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 9:48:58 PM UTC+3, Venti pop wrote:

tell me exactly where and what I need to change in the settings for both squarespace

Don't have a Squarespace account, so had to google 'squarespace feed url' to
to be able to construct your squarespace rss feed URL http://www.ventipop.com/?format=rss
, which you should put as the Original Feed URL in all 3 Feedburner feeds.

After further googling, looks like Squarespace does not support (user-editable) .htaccess files,
but you can set up the (301) redirect from http://www.ventipop.com/feed/ to http://www.ventipop.com/?format=rss

Venti pop

Jun 15, 2016, 5:27:42 PM6/15/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
I made those changes and the feed seems to be updating now.  Will you look it over and let me know if anything is still messed up?  The only thing I see is wrong is the header at the top has Ventipop :: Your Daily Cup of CultureVentipop.  Where does it pull that from?  I want to get rid of the second "Ventipop" in the title.  Thanks SO MUCH for all your help.  Jay

Matti nescio

Jun 15, 2016, 6:03:11 PM6/15/16
On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 12:27:42 AM UTC+3, Venti pop wrote:
The only thing I see is wrong is the header at the top has Ventipop :: Your Daily Cup of CultureVentipop.  Where does it pull that from?

Since you can already see it in http://www.ventipop.com/?format=rss
as well as in http://www.ventipop.com/
<title>Ventipop :: Your Daily Cup of CultureVentipop</title>
, you'd have to find it somewhere in Squarespace settings.

Venti pop

Jun 15, 2016, 6:51:29 PM6/15/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Think I found it.

Dude, where do I send the check?  :)  You've been a Godsend for me.  Thanks so much.