Solve: Multiple feeds for same blog, I want to combine and keep simple

Ajay Agade

Jun 15, 2016, 4:54:41 PM6/15/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Hi, I am a doc and not a techno person. I run a blog dnbpediatrics.com. I have three different feedburner adresses for same blog. Yesterday i have added few mails to one of them and the whole subscription list shifted to other and here only one subscriber left. I am so confused. I want to combine them and delete other and only keep a single feed adress. Please explain if it is possible Thanks.

Ajay

Matti nescio

Jun 15, 2016, 5:30:19 PM6/15/16
On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 11:54:41 PM UTC+3, Ajay Agade wrote:
I run a blog dnbpediatrics.com. I have three different feedburner adresses for same blog.

On that blog, I'm seeing 3 different Feedburner feeds;
In other words, you are tracking your feed and email subscribers separately, and providing them with different content,
which is the opposite of confusing.

Yesterday i have added few mails to one of them and the whole subscription list shifted to other and here only one subscriber left. I am so confused. I want to combine them and delete other and only keep a single feed adress. Please explain if it is possible Thanks.

Email subscribers can't be transferred from one feed to another in bulk;
every subscriber has to reconfirm their subscription.

Feed subscribers are another matter; there are two possible ways of doing that.
  1. Don't delete anything , but change the Original Feed of one Feedburner feed to the Feed Address of another Feedburner feed.
  2. delete one Feedburner feed ( kBwhib ) and enable 'With permanent redirection'  , then change Blogger Post Feed Redirect to dnbpediatricsblog instead.

If both feeds have email subscribers (unless all are duplicates), option #2 wouldn't work.

Ajay Agade

Jun 16, 2016, 3:59:49 AM6/16/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Hi, Matti.
Thanks a lot for replying. This feed https://feeds.feedburner.com/CriticalPediatrics belong to my other blog. DNB PEDIATRICS it self has three adresses as follow

You wrote " https://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/kBwhib (which you are redirecting your Blogger feed to) , set to a full feed " . How did i do that cause the email subscription widget doesnt have that adress. How do i redirect my blogger feed to https://feeds.feedburner.com/dnbpediatricsblog cause u wrote this "https://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/kBwhib (which you are redirecting your Blogger feed to) " i didnt do that or may be i dont know. Please help. Thanks and Regards.

Dr Ajay Agade

Matti nescio

Jun 16, 2016, 6:28:08 AM6/16/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 10:59:49 AM UTC+3, Ajay Agade wrote:
I'm not seeing a link to that feed anywhere within your blog.

Then how come people subscribed to other adresses.

Do you recall how/when you created the blogspot/kBwhib feed ?
The Feed Address indicates that you created in within Blogger , not directly in Feedburner.
And the only way to create it within Blogger is by adding the Follow by Email gadget.
So at some point the widget was using blogspot/kBwhib .

How do i redirect my blogger feed to https://feeds.feedburner.com/dnbpediatricsblog cause u wrote this "https://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/kBwhib (which you are redirecting your Blogger feed to) " i didnt do that or may be i dont know.

In Blogger Settings  ›  Other : Site feed :  Post Feed Redirect URL .
Only you could have set it.  Unless of course the blog has ever had any other admins.

Looks like back in 2014, the Follow by Email gadget was using yet another Feedburner feed;

Ajay Agade

Jun 16, 2016, 7:38:57 AM6/16/16
to General Feeds and Syndication

I really dont have a idea. Please consider me illiterate in this and please
advise me what should i do for the health of my blog and avoid confusion
among-st my readers. Thanks again

Ajay

Matti nescio

Jun 16, 2016, 8:19:32 AM6/16/16
On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 2:38:57 PM UTC+3, Ajay Agade wrote:
avoid confusionamong-st my readers.

There's no confusion there - unless any of them subscribed to 2 to 3 feeds by email.
So in the 3 lists of email subscribers, are any email addresses in more than one list ?

Are all the email addresses verified ?

What could be confusing is if you added some people yourself, so those people
would have received the email with the confirmation link out of the blue.

Ajay Agade

Jun 16, 2016, 8:46:12 AM6/16/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Hi,
Thanks for reply. No all of them are not verified, However very few like 4 or 5 are there in more than one list.

Matti nescio

Jun 16, 2016, 10:16:07 AM6/16/16
On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 3:46:12 PM UTC+3, Ajay Agade wrote:
No all of them are not verified,

Until all or at least most of them click the verification link in their email,
there's not much you can do.
For any that have been just sitting there unverified for weeks or months,
they're unlikely to ever verify themselves.

However very few like 4 or 5 are there in more than one list.

If any of them are verified in one list and unverified in another,
it would be fairly safe to remove the unverified one.