My Email subscribers haven't received new posts via email since Monday

Nathalie C.

Jun 26, 2016, 2:02:05 AM6/26/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Hi, I have a blog on Blogger and I post daily. It has come to my attention that the people who subscribe to my posts via email haven't received any new emails since Monday. I'm really not familiar at all with Feedburner but I looked at my settings and everything seems to be fine as far as what options are selected. I haven't changed anything on the blog so it's unlikely that the problem is on my end. When I look at "Optimize/Your Feed", the latest post in my feed is Monday morning's post. I also posted Monday night and then every evening after that but none of those posts are in my feed.

I did the Ping thing and it said "successfully pinged!" but nothing changed under "Optimize/Your Feed" so I don't think the problem has been fixed.

Is there anything else that I need to do on my end to enable those emails to be sent every day once again?  I'm really a newbie with this feed business so if you have any feedback or suggestions, please be kind and speak to me like I'm an infant, OK? ha. I need lots of detailed instructions.

Also, how do I find out how large my feed is?  I have no idea if it might be too large, which might be one of the causes of the problem, according to what I've read?

Thanks.

Nathalie C.

Jun 26, 2016, 2:46:11 AM6/26/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Aaargh.  Everything is messed up yet I followed Google's instructions...

So after I posted here, I looked a little more on the Feedburner site. I clicked on the FeedMedic link, which told me that my feed was too large and that I needed to make it smaller.  I referred back to the Troubleshootize/Tips and Tools page, which said to follow the instructions on this page (https://support.google.com/feedburner/answer/79626), to wit: "In the Original Feed Address field, change the address listed there (...) the following format:
Code:
http://myblogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?max-results=3

I did that and made sure to replace "myblogname" with the actual name of my blog.  However, when I click on "Optimize/MyFeed" now there is no feed at all.  Just a gray banner with the words "myblogname".  I tried pinging the feed and it says it's successful and it should refresh my feed right away but nothing changes when I go back to "Optimize/MyFeed".  If I try to change the original feed address back to what the address was before I changed it, nothing changes either but now it says my feed is too large.

This is a mess!!  I followed the instructions on Feedburner and now it seems that it's even worse than before.  HELP!!!  I don't know if my email followers are going to be getting any emails or not!

 What does it even mean that the maximum results in my "Original Feed Address" field have been set to "3"? Does it mean that people should only see the last 3 posts in my feed?  Because in Feedly, I can see all of my posts, not just the last 3.

PS: I don't know how/if this is related but on Feedly, my feed is up to date; however, on Bloglovin, the post that I published 3 hours ago doesn't appear in my feed.

Nathalie C.

Jun 26, 2016, 3:04:51 AM6/26/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Hi.. me again. Well, I had a stroke of genius after I re-read this last desperate cry for help and it occurred to me that maybe my feed's original address should start with "https" and not "http" since Blogger recently changed the blog addresses to the "https" standard.  So I tried it and at least I can see my complete and accurate feed under "Optimize/Your Feed" now.  So I'm waiting to hear from followers whether or not they get new emails again or not.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Matti nescio

Jun 26, 2016, 5:21:01 AM6/26/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
What's the blog URL ?

Nathalie C.

Jun 26, 2016, 1:03:18 PM6/26/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Hi Matti, thanks for trying to help.  I guess what I did (change my feed size by setting the max results to 3 and changing the original feed address to not only the new link but also to start with "https" and not "http" as in noted in the article seeking to help Blogger users with feed size problems (if you have any pull at Google, please have them change that in the article!) worked. One of my readers commented this morning to let me know that she had started getting the posts via email again. Woohoo!