How do I find out feed filesize?

Evan

Sep 20, 2017, 7:56:43 PM9/20/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
So, Feedburner's help page says feeds won't be processed if they're over 1024K, but how do I tell how big my feed is? The linked help file (which says the limit is 512K) says to go to www.web-sniffer.net, which doesn't appear to exist anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Matti nescio

Sep 21, 2017, 9:04:09 AM9/21/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
Copy&paste the XML source of your Original Feed URL into a good editor (like Notepad++)
to immediately see the number of characters, or into plain Notepad and save the file and see the filesize.

Or use eg. http://www.rexswain.com/httpview.html (for non-https feed URLs)

Or using Chrome devtools/inspect element, use the Network tab and load the feed.
The same way in Firefox.