Test post with Feedburner?

Gelli Arts Admin

Jun 29, 2015, 11:44:40 AM6/29/15
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com
I've made some changes to my Feedburner settings.

Is there any way to do a "test post" that would only be sent out to a few of my subscribers, or just to me?

So I can see if the changes I've made are what I want.

Matti nescio

Jun 29, 2015, 1:39:16 PM6/29/15
On Monday, 29 June 2015 18:44:40 UTC+3, Gelli Arts Admin wrote:
I've made some changes to my Feedburner settings.

What kind of changes - somewhere in Publicize / Email Subscriptions , or elsewhere ?

If the latter, you could just ping your Feedburner feed and then view it.

Is there any way to do a "test post" that would only be sent out to a few of my subscribers, or just to me?

Temporarily stop delivery to everyone but you in Subscription Management / View Subscriber Details.
Once it's delivered to you, wait a couple hours before reactivating everyone to receive emails again.

Or, create a second feedburner feed with identical settings and the same original feed,
and only subscribe to it yourself.

Gelli Arts Admin

Jul 6, 2015, 10:26:28 AM7/6/15
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com

Is there any way to do a "test post" that would only be sent out to a few of my subscribers, or just to me?

Temporarily stop delivery to everyone but you in Subscription Management / View Subscriber Details.
Once it's delivered to you, wait a couple hours before reactivating everyone to receive emails again.

Or, create a second feedburner feed with identical settings and the same original feed,
and only subscribe to it yourself.

Wouldn't this require me to make make multiple new posts to the blog? I.e., to do the test I would need to put up one new article; to send out the real one, I would need to put up a second article?

Is there any way to test it without making a new post to the blog?