Google shortened links on Twitter removed for violating terms of service

Rick Hasen

Sep 3, 2016, 10:02:15 AM9/3/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
For years I've used feedburner to send my content to Twitter, and it produces a shortened google link. (for example): https://twitter.com/rickhasen/status/771896956863991809, which links to http://goo.gl/fb/q3oc2C .  But now clicking on this link brings up an error message:  this goo.gl shortlink has been disabled. It was found to be violating our Terms of Service. Click here and here for more information about our terms and policies respectively.

I've requested review but have no idea what's going on or how else to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Rick

Azulmar Notin

Sep 3, 2016, 5:37:09 PM9/3/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
The same problem. help

stillmind

Sep 3, 2016, 8:02:15 PM9/3/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Can't fix that which is broken, the wise man says. Perhaps you can use another service that will link to the post?

Emma K

Sep 6, 2016, 9:35:53 AM9/6/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Same problem for me too.

Kevin Fields

Sep 6, 2016, 5:02:53 PM9/6/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Ditto. Looks like Feedburner's screwed something up.

Dan Ross

Sep 6, 2016, 5:49:02 PM9/6/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
same here ... I've found at least 30 people posting same issue from this weekend .. and of course no replies for solutions, as it sure looks like Google/FeedBurner has abandoned this Help Forum ...

I posted this to the Blogger Help Forum and had a reply within 4 minutes .. sadly, the reply was to post here ...