Feed Not Delivered to Email Subscribers

pamela

Jan 25, 2017, 8:07:58 PM1/25/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
I have been trying all day to update my feed to my email subscribers.  I posted on Monday on my blog and nothing has yet come through email.  I've pinged about a dozen times.  I have resynced twice.  Nothing.  I can find nothing about this particular post that is unusual.  It is certainly not too large.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.

Lori Wildenberg

Mar 1, 2017, 8:20:54 AM3/1/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
Waiting to here an answer here. Having the same issue.

Di Elliffe

Mar 28, 2017, 5:58:12 AM3/28/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
I'm having the same problem.  I posted over 24 hours ago and no emails have been sent that I can see.  Not sure what to do.

Di Elliffe

Mar 28, 2017, 6:13:42 AM3/28/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
I see there are several queries about this problem here in the Forum.  Looks like no-one is helping!

Matti nescio

Mar 28, 2017, 7:45:20 AM3/28/17
On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 12:58:12 PM UTC+3, Di Elliffe wrote:
I'm having the same problem.  I posted over 24 hours ago and no emails have been sent that I can see.  Not sure what to do.

What are your Feedburner feed details ?

Di Elliffe

Mar 28, 2017, 4:54:02 PM3/28/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
My blog's URL is http://walkamonth.blogspot.com.au/

I have the settings right as far as I can see:
Browser Friendly is ticked.
Email Subscription is Active.
Zone Time is correct, time of delivery is set and Active.

The email delivery service has been working like clockwork for several years, and last worked properly for me on my last post in January.

Hope you can help!

Di

Matti nescio

Mar 28, 2017, 5:11:21 PM3/28/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
Which post is the latest one that was successfully received by your subscribers ?
Have you asked any of the subscribers to check their spam folders for the two recent posts ?

There's a relatively obvious problem with the post /2017/03/march-2017-meander-falls.html :
the first image (the map) is not uploaded normally, but is embedded as base64 data.
Did you drag&drop it to the post ?
Anyone viewing the post itself will have to load ~1640 KiB of HTML, and add to that the
several normally uploaded images.

In the feed, the map image is taking up ~260 KiB of space. Many services ignore or can't
handle a post in a feed that is larger than 100 KiB.

Di Elliffe

Mar 28, 2017, 5:36:05 PM3/28/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
Tks Matti.

The last one successfully received was this one:
http://walkamonth.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/january-2017-john-smiths-monument-mount.html

I've just replaced the first image in   /2017/03/march-2017-meander-falls.html.    You're right, that image may have been the problem, I didn't realise that images need to added in the usual way for the whole feed to work properly!

How do I trigger a re-send of the feed?

Di

Nathaniel

Mar 29, 2017, 2:21:03 PM3/29/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
speaking as a pro who develops websites and helps businesses solve these kinds of issues, I recommend that you switch to another service.

Feedburner is unsupported and is no longer being developed. You would be better off switching to MailChimp, Feedblitz, etc.

Isabel García Moratilla

Mar 29, 2017, 3:19:14 PM3/29/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
Holaaaa!! Necesito AYUDA!! Al cambiar la configuración del cuerpo del mensaje que manda el mail de confirmación para los suscriptores, he borrado sin querer el código del link que viene para confirmar las suscripciones, ¿cómo lo recupero?
Gracias. Isa

Matti nescio

Mar 29, 2017, 3:21:47 PM3/29/17
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 10:19:14 PM UTC+3, Isabel García Moratilla wrote:
he borrado sin querer el código del link que viene para confirmar las suscripciones, ¿cómo lo recupero?

Copy&paste
${confirmlink}

back to wherever you want it in the form.

Isabel García Moratilla

Mar 29, 2017, 3:35:20 PM3/29/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
Thank you very much!!!! It´s ok now!!!!
Really thanks a lot.

Di Elliffe

Mar 29, 2017, 6:17:20 PM3/29/17
to General Feeds and Syndication
Thanks Nathaniel, I'll take a look at those other options.

Di