Blog Posts do not feed to Subscribers

Juanie

Oct 20, 2016, 4:27:04 PM10/20/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
I'm about to pull my hair out. I just realized none of my blog posts feed to the 183 people who signed up on blogger for email updates. I just added my name and my daughter's name and I see them on the subscriber list but I just posted a blog and we did not get it. I posted another one 2 days ago, and called a friend on the subscriber list since 2013, and she did not get it.  No one probably has ever received one! I have the friendly orange icon at the top of my blog pasted with HTML code and I have the blogger email update gadget window and emails and both places get verified, added to the subscription list... BUT they never get a post. I just switched the window gadget to an HTML pasted email window update in my sidebar, but ......... only adds names to the subscription list... no blog arrival.

HELP! What do I need to do?

Matti nescio

Oct 20, 2016, 5:14:22 PM10/20/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Telling your blog URL and Feedburner feed URL would help for starters.

Juana Mikels

Oct 20, 2016, 5:27:26 PM10/20/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Thank you!

my feedburner feed is:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/Juanamikelscom

My URL is:
www.juanamikels.com    redirected from:
juanamikels.blogspot.com

Matti nescio

Oct 20, 2016, 6:21:36 PM10/20/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
If you look at https://feeds.feedburner.com/Juanamikelscom
and https://feeds.feedburner.com/feedburner/RRml (which you also have a link to on the blog) ,
you immediately see that they last updated 3 years ago.

There's also links to https://feeds.feedburner.com/juanamikels at the bottom of each post
, but you appear to have deleted that feed, and set it to redirect back to your original feed.
Perhaps you should change the footer to point to one of the other Feedburner feeds.

There's some weird formatting going on. Just on the frontpage,
appears 890 times, in blocks of 38.

Then
218 times.

Those alone add ~40KB to the size of the posts on the frontpage.

All in all, your Original Feed http://www.juanamikels.com/feeds/posts/default is 1.4MB in size ,
which 3 years ago would been 3x as big as allowed. Since then, the maximum size has been increased
to 1MB - so your feed would still be 40% too big.

So the quick&dirty fix would be to change the Original Feed of both Feedburner feeds to
or to http://www.juanamikels.com/feeds/posts/summary (60KB - and will remain around that size) -
depending on whether you want your feed or email subscribers to receive the full content of your posts,
or just a short summary.

The proper fix: if you don't write your posts directly in Blogger post editor but paste them in from somewhere,
then paste using Ctrl+Shift+V, not Ctrl+V ( if using Chrome or Firefox on Windows), or paste from plain Notepad.

For your existing posts , you should to reset the formatting in your posts, using the Tx button in the post editor toolbar.
(at the very least, for the 25 newest posts)

Juana Mikels

Oct 20, 2016, 8:07:47 PM10/20/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Thank you! I will try the quick fix

Matti nescio

Oct 21, 2016, 1:47:38 PM10/21/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
I don't think you updated it correctly.

How about a screenshot of your Feedburner Feed Details (of both feeds) ?

Juana Mikels

Oct 21, 2016, 1:56:11 PM10/21/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Your help is invaluable! Thank you so much. I can't get to it until Monday & will get screenshots then. I haven't been able to get back to it since your last post to try that quickfix solution but I look forward to trying it and also send you the screen shot of the feed on Monday thank you so much and have a great weekend

Juana Mikels

Oct 24, 2016, 11:55:36 AM10/24/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
I have not changed the feed yet because I am so confused. I would rather all the feeds be on the one called "juanamikels.com' (My preference would be to send the full content of my posts as first choice, and the summary as 2nd choice)

I am so confused, especially by having so many feeds on one page. I did not know that. I don't even know where the one is on the "bottom" of the blog that you speak of. I would like them all to be the juanamikels.com feed which I am called FEED 3 of the 3 feeds that are in my feedburner account. I began with Feed 3, but made the others to try to fix the problem and start all over but the one I am called FEED 3 has the most subscribers so I would like to set everything to that one (juanamikels.com feed title) I have attached the 3 screenshots of the 3 feeds.
Feed 1:"JuanaMikels.com".pdf
Feed 2 "JuanaMikelsBlog.com" .pdf
Feed 3 "juanamikels.com" .pdf

Juana Mikels

Oct 24, 2016, 11:58:04 AM10/24/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
If I could ask you to please let me know what to do exactly, I will do it, but I need it step by step since I do not know where the one on "bottom" is to delete, etc. I see the one at the top of the blog that is the orange "friendly" icon and I see the one in the side bar. Thank you again!

Juana Mikels

Oct 24, 2016, 12:29:39 PM10/24/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Update:  I am not going to offer an email subscription on my blog. I can just let people follow on FB and social media, not by email. Plus, I am not really blogging anymore and may move to wordpress and not have a blog, but just an informational website on how to get my book & how to reach me to speak. SO, can I will remove the orange icon and the follow me by email window in the sidebar. Can you tell me where is the one on the "bottom" so I can remove it. I think you are speaking of the blogger icons that are grey on the bottom of the blog. I will see if I can now remove that and you can tell me if it is gone. I cannot remove the orange one at the top, someone else who coded the all the social media icons for me did that, and I will ask her now to remove that orange one immediately.

Matti nescio

Oct 25, 2016, 6:21:32 PM10/25/16
On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 7:29:39 PM UTC+3, Juana Mikels wrote:
 Can you tell me where is the one on the "bottom" so I can remove it.

As I said, each of your posts has this at the bottom :

I'd love to connect with you on your favorite spot:

You may follow my blog here or on Bloglovin'

Remember, God desires us not only to be a believers, but to be wholehearted disciples of Jesus Christ! May we listen to Him daily through His word, and obey Him!
Our part is to trust; His part is to work.
Walk by faith,

Juana Mikels

Oct 25, 2016, 7:38:06 PM10/25/16
to General Feeds and Syndication
Oh yes!!! I forgot I put that in the posts!!! Oh dear!!! I have to go back through SO MANY POSTS & take that out! Or just delete the feed so they can't sign up!!! Thank you AGAIN!!!!

Juana Mikels

Oct 25, 2016, 7:38:11 PM10/25/16
to General Feeds and Syndication

Juana Mikels