Feedburner no longer supported

Isabel Fagnan

Mar 12, 2015, 10:24:30 AM3/12/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
http://www.kevinmuldoon.com/feedburner-alternatives/

The service was bought by Google in 2007 for around $100 million. Most of it’s founders have moved onto other things. For example, Dick Costolo, is the current CEO of Twitter.

Despite FeedBurner being the number one RSS service on the internet for most of its life, the service has never been a priority for Google. Google have assured everyone that the service is here to stay. Their actions suggest otherwise. In 2012, they closed the Feedburner API, Adsense for Feeds, and said goodbye via their Twitter account. The blog is no longer updated either and the FeedBurner forum is not supported. And who can actually remember the last time Google added a new feature to FeedBurner?

Even the most loyal FeedBurner users are jumping ship to other services before the service joins the Google graveyard with Knol and Google Buzz. Don’t worry, there are many good FeedBurner alternatives available to you

Baltimore WOG

Mar 23, 2015, 2:22:12 PM3/23/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this info!

Roman Perepelitsa

Mar 24, 2015, 6:19:31 AM3/24/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Note that the subject of this thread is misleading: FeedBurner is supported, as can be evidenced by posts on this forum from myself and Maks Verver.

Roman.

Cafea cu Taifas

Aug 28, 2015, 2:45:43 PM8/28/15
to Feed and Web Statistics
I am asking, but receiving no answer - it is an official google support? Will you keep the service?

Roman Perepelitsa

Aug 29, 2015, 3:25:02 AM8/29/15
to Feed and Web Statistics
Hi Cafea,

Yes, this is the official FeedBurner forum. I'm the Tech Lead on the FeedBurner team at Google and I've never heard of plans to shut down FeedBurner.

Roman.

Cafea cu Taifas

Aug 29, 2015, 5:11:05 AM8/29/15
to Feed and Web Statistics
Hi Roman!

Thank you! All the internet is full of speculations, since Feedburner didnt receive any update for years. Are there some projects about this?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted