Weird SunCertPathBuilderException

summit financial

Nov 3, 2015, 2:15:12 PM11/3/15
to Feed and Web Statistics
Hi All,

Our feed stopped updating in September. I tried pinging and I tried resyncing. I got the following error when I tried to resync:

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.

I see that someone else had this issue back in 2009, but it did not seem to be resolved. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Our feed is at https://www.summitplacefinancial.com/SummitPlace/feed/

Thanks for your help!

Maks Verver

Nov 4, 2015, 12:14:34 PM11/4/15
to Feed and Web Statistics
Hi,

That's a very unusual problem. The error seems to suggest there is a certificate missing somewhere in the certification chain, but when I tried to burn your feed, it worked flawlessly. Maybe it was a transient problem? Can you re-try syncing the feed and let me know if you still get the same error message?

 - Maks.

Linda Cassidy

Nov 7, 2017, 8:59:09 PM11/7/17
to Feed and Web Statistics
I am having the exact same issue and also started in September

Linda Cassidy

Nov 7, 2017, 9:00:45 PM11/7/17
to Feed and Web Statistics
resyncing still says the same thing

Matti nescio

Nov 7, 2017, 9:16:50 PM11/7/17
to Feed and Web Statistics
On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 04:00:45 UTC+2, Linda Cassidy wrote:
resyncing still says the same thing

https://www.alabouroflife.com/feed/ can't even be accessed directly :

Attempting to burn a new Feedburner feed with http://www.alabouroflife.com/feed/ works.
Doing the same with https://www.alabouroflife.com/feed/ does not.
What is the Original Feed of the Feedburner feed currently set to ?

What do you see in your server logs when w3 validator and feedburner are trying
to access the https feed vs. the http feed ?

Linda Cassidy

Nov 7, 2017, 10:40:33 PM11/7/17
to Feed and Web Statistics
http://www.alabouroflife.com was the original

https tells me it does not exist

Linda Cassidy

Nov 7, 2017, 10:42:02 PM11/7/17
to Feed and Web Statistics
when I access the http feed it gives me the feed up until a post in September 27, nothing since then even though I have posted every day

CRS

Nov 11, 2017, 10:07:14 AM11/11/17
to Feed and Web Statistics
Same problem here... In my case my cert is Let´s Encrypt but i have websites feed working properly with the same cert.

Any idea to exclude the feed from de https?

Thanks in advance.