Feedburner not working

Chas G

Mar 14, 2018, 8:58:26 AM3/14/18
to Feed and Web Statistics
The last 2 days Feedburner has not sent my posts out.  I tried to ping but it's not working either.  It might have to do with the fact I secured my site (but that was a few weeks ago) and am now https instead of http?  If that is the problem can anyone help me understand how to fix this.  If it's not the problem, any ideas or help?  I am a beginning blogger.  https://chascrazycreations.com/

Matti nescio

Mar 14, 2018, 9:58:49 AM3/14/18
to Feed and Web Statistics
On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 14:58:26 UTC+2, Chas G wrote:
The last 2 days Feedburner has not sent my posts out.

is it the feed that has verified email subscribers, what are the Feed Details ,
and did you update the Original Feed after switching to https ?

If you're using Cloudflare to deliver your site via https, that may a part of the problem.

It might have to do with the fact I secured my site (but that was a few weeks ago) and am now https instead of http?

https://chascrazycreations.com/feed/ (your autodiscovery feed) gives a 403 error , as does the http version.

Chas G

Mar 14, 2018, 10:06:24 AM3/14/18
to Feed and Web Statistics
Hi Matti - thank you for your help.  My new posts went up as usual and the email to the subscribers never sent the last 2 days. It may have nothing to do with the https switch as the last 2 weeks everything has been running and fine.  I just don't know why all of the sudden the emails stopped being sent.  I tried pinging and it says it's okay, I tried verifying and that says everything is okay.  What do I try next?  What can I do to get the emails going out again?

Matti nescio

Mar 14, 2018, 10:42:23 AM3/14/18
to Feed and Web Statistics
I just (test-)subscribed to it (a yahoo email address in the form of ac****-****).

Chas G

Mar 14, 2018, 10:53:24 AM3/14/18
to Feed and Web Statistics
Thank you, I see you on the subscribing list.  So adding works, we'll just have to see if the emails start going out again or if they are still hung up for some reason...

Matti nescio

Mar 14, 2018, 2:02:32 PM3/14/18
to Feed and Web Statistics
Received summaries of 3 posts ( Leprechaun,  Wood Burning Tool and Chocolate Cake) in a single email from Feedburner ~2 hours ago.

Chas G

Mar 15, 2018, 10:03:53 AM3/15/18
to Feed and Web Statistics
Hi Matti, so after Pinging, and validating and it working I changed my email to go out to 9-11 and you and I both got it.  Yesterday afternoon I changed it back to my regular scheduled time and the email didn't go out again.  The Ping is saying...

Your Ping resulted in an Error "We were unable to process your ping. You must ping with a URL that exactly matches the channel link (RSS) or alternate link (Atom) in your top level feed element pointing back to your website (e.g http://myblog.blogspot.com/), or use your feed URL (e.g. http://feeds.feedburner.com/myuri)."

I tried both my http version and my https version and am getting the same response.  The feed is valid today.  Yesterday I believe I hit the resync button and that might have done something to help.  I just don't want to have to do this everyday to get it to work.

Chas G

Mar 15, 2018, 10:08:13 AM3/15/18
to Feed and Web Statistics
The resync isn't working today either - it is saying Error getting URL: 403 - Forbidden

Matti nescio

Mar 15, 2018, 11:05:18 AM3/15/18
to Feed and Web Statistics
On Thursday, 15 March 2018 16:08:13 UTC+2, Chas G wrote:
The resync isn't working today either - it is saying Error getting URL: 403 - Forbidden

That's because you still have read access blocked to https://chascrazycreations.com/feed/

Chas G

Mar 15, 2018, 11:07:22 AM3/15/18
to Feed and Web Statistics
How do I fix this?

Shane Birley

Apr 15, 2018, 6:04:00 PM4/15/18
to Feed and Web Statistics
Hi!

It looks like this has been fixed. Nicely done!