Feedburner Not Sending Updates to Subscribers...

Ryan Stephens

Dec 30, 2016, 4:32:34 PM12/30/16
to Feed and Web Statistics
I submitted a new post on 12/29 and the post never pushed to Feedly or to e-mail.

This is the first post I've made since updating my theme (Parallax One from the team at Theme Isle).

First, I checked that the feed was still live (http://feeds.feedburner.com/RyanStephensMarketing). It seems to be.

Feed Validator (https://validator.w3.org/) indicates the feed is valid.

Except that under, "Current Feed Content," there is no content. Weird.

If I try to 'subscribe' via Feedly, it let's me, but doesn't show the new post and has the title of the blog as "Comments On" despite the fact that in Feedburner, I have the Title/Description Burner listed as "Ryan Stephens"

PingShot is enabled and when I ping Feedburner I do not receive an error. I've tried "Resync Now," which always says "successful," but doesn't do anything either.

I also ran the Fix My Feed RSS Repair plug-in to no avail and also checked to make sure that W3 Total Cache was not caching my feeds.

At a complete loss and would greatly appreciate any help or trouble-shooting this group can provide.

Thanks,
Ryan

Matti nescio

Dec 30, 2016, 5:11:55 PM12/30/16
to Feed and Web Statistics
What's the Original Feed of the Feedburner feed set to ?

Ryan Stephens

Dec 30, 2016, 5:23:06 PM12/30/16
to Feed and Web Statistics

Ryan Stephens

Dec 30, 2016, 5:24:07 PM12/30/16
to Feed and Web Statistics
Here's some additional 'testing' I did earlier this afternoon:

If I go to feedly and type in my URL (http://ryanstephensmarketing.com/), 2 feeds show up. They seem to have the exact same posts, but one has about 75 additional subscribers.

Matti nescio

Dec 30, 2016, 5:57:44 PM12/30/16
to Feed and Web Statistics
Looking at http://ryanstephensmarketing.com/blog/feed/ directly (without redirecting to the Feedburner feed) ,
it still very much has W3 Total Cache footer visible, and zero posts in the feed.

Ryan Stephens

Dec 30, 2016, 6:29:57 PM12/30/16
to Feed and Web Statistics
How do you look without the re-direct?

Is this a re-direct issue?

The blog is clearly populated with a number of posts:

See below re: cache'ing feeds.....disabled.

Matti nescio

Dec 30, 2016, 6:46:36 PM12/30/16
to Feed and Web Statistics
On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 1:29:57 AM UTC+2, Ryan Stephens wrote:
How do you look without the re-direct?

By faking user-agent as 'FeedBurner/1.0 (http://www.FeedBurner.com)' ,

That has posts , including the newest 'THE BEST BOOKS I READ IN 2016'
post in the feed, but still has W3 Total Cache visible at the bottom.

If I burn a new Feedburner feed from http://ryanstephensmarketing.com/feed/
it also has the newest post.

Ryan Stephens

Dec 30, 2016, 7:02:12 PM12/30/16
to Feed and Web Statistics
Please forgive the naivete as this is all very new to me. I very much appreciate your help.

So would your recommendation be to burn a new feedburner feed?  (If so, will I lose all my current subscribers as a result?)

In Feedly, if I subscribe to http://ryanstephensmarketing.com/feed it still doesn't show the newest "Best Books..." post. IS this because it's re-directing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RyanStephensMarketing?

I have W3TC enabled, but not for feeds (evidenced by the visual above).

Matti nescio

Dec 30, 2016, 7:18:40 PM12/30/16
to Feed and Web Statistics
On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 2:02:12 AM UTC+2, Ryan Stephens wrote:
So would your recommendation be to burn a new feedburner feed?  (If so, will I lose all my current subscribers as a result?)

I wouldn't , precisely because you would lose any email subscribers the feed may have.
Any feed subscribers could be recovered, by renaming(switching)  the Feedburner Feed Addresses.
There's a good chance that the new feed would stop updating soon too though.

In Feedly, if I subscribe to http://ryanstephensmarketing.com/feed it still doesn't show the newest "Best Books..." post. IS this because it's re-directing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RyanStephensMarketing ?

I have W3TC enabled, but not for feeds (evidenced by the visual above).

I would still try to entirely disabling W3TC, as well as changing your Original Feed to one of
the alternate wordpress feed URLs, like  http://ryanstephensmarketing.com/?feed=atom .

, one can see a post from late October, and a post from early November (that has since been deleted).
When exactly did you update the theme, and when did you start using W3TC ?

the last comment appears to be from 18 Dec , which appears to be accurate.

Ryan Stephens

Dec 30, 2016, 9:33:31 PM12/30/16
to Feed and Web Statistics
Okay, so I changed the feed, in Feedburner, to http://ryanstephensmarketing.com/feed and then subscribed via Feedly and it shows the new post from 12/29.

In making this change, people who subscribed via http://feeds.feedburner.com/RyanStephensMarketing should be fine, correct?

It's just the people who were subscribed to http://ryanstephensmarketing.com/blog/feed (without the Feedburner re-direct) that I will lose? (I should, in theory, retain any e-mail subscribers via Feedburner, right?)

I believe you're correct. There should be a post from late Oct and another from Nov (that's since been deleted). And now the new one from 12/29.

I updated the theme about 2-3 weeks ago. I've used W3TC as long as I can remember and never had any issues.

I genuinely appreciate all your help!