My email subscribers don't get notified about new posts

Kathrin Kirsch

Jan 28, 2015, 11:39:13 PM1/28/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm pretty new to blogging - I've started a blog just a few days ago. Some friends subscribed to get email updates of my feed, bu they don't get notified.
They do receive an email to activate the subscription, so everything looks fine to them - just that they are not getting the updates of my posts...

Thanks for your help!
Kathrin

Maks Verver

Jan 29, 2015, 4:17:28 AM1/29/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kathrin,

Can you check if the subscribers are listed in the FeedBurner control panel? (You can check this by clicking the Publicize tab, and then "Subscription Management").

 - Maks.

Kathrin Kirsch

Jan 29, 2015, 5:05:06 AM1/29/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com

Dear Maks,

thanks for your reply and care.
The  number of subscribers is 0. zero...

Cheers Kathrin

Maks Verver

Jan 29, 2015, 5:18:26 AM1/29/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
That means that as far as FeedBurner is concerned, there are no subscribers. How/where did your friends sign up?

Kathrin Kirsch

Jan 29, 2015, 7:15:37 AM1/29/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Via the gadget on http://um-iggy.blogspot.de/ or directly via the feedburner-site...
They do get the email to activate the Email-subsciption and are told, that this was successful. But then there are no notifictions...
When one tries to double-subscribe- feedburner gives an error message, that one already did subscribe to the feed...

Maks Verver

Jan 29, 2015, 8:12:40 AM1/29/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
It looks like you created a feed a few days ago, deleted it, and created a new feed with the same URI a day later. The deleted feed did have some subscribers, but since that feed is deleted, those subscribers won't receive email updates. However, they should be able to resubscribe to the new feed.

When did you try re-subscribing them? Could you try subscribing them again? (The link to use should be this one: https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=ZweiAmerikanerInDerUckermark.That's also the link on your weblog, so that part looks correct to me.)

 - Maks.

Kathrin Kirsch

Jan 29, 2015, 8:15:05 AM1/29/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Ok, Thanks Maks! :-)

Kathrin Kirsch

Jan 29, 2015, 11:11:53 AM1/29/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
So, I added a new post, but there are still no emails for the subscribers on the list. - > *so sad*

Maks Verver

Jan 29, 2015, 11:19:15 AM1/29/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
FeedBurner only sends email updates once day. Let's just wait, and I'm sure FeedBurner will send out some emails in the next 24 hours.

(By the way, you can customize the email delivery time under "Delivery Options".)

Kathrin Kirsch

Jan 29, 2015, 11:27:32 AM1/29/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I'll wait. I'm not going to change anything - too afraid to break it again. ;-)
Thank you so much for your patience!