Feed out of date; what happens when you "Resync"?

Joy McElroy

Jun 3, 2015, 9:07:26 AM6/3/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Bloglovin has not updated my posts since Feb 3; they say there is a problem with my RSS feed. It's not just bloglovin- I have subscribers who tell me they have not gotten posts from me in months. I have pinged, Feed Medic says all is well, and feed validity checks out. Feedburner's next suggestion is to "Resync", and refers to it as the "Nuclear Option". That sounds pretty scary- what happens (or what MIGHT) happen when you Resync? I guess the best case scenario is it fixes everything? What is the worst case scenario? Please use small, non-technical terms- I do not understand this very well. :) Thank you!

Maks Verver

Jun 3, 2015, 12:35:19 PM6/3/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joy,

The Resync option will cause FeedBurner to clear out cached content and then fetch and process your feed afresh. That's sometimes useful when FeedBurner's content is stale, but it's not a magical solution to problems with broken feeds, and if your problems have persisted for months, then resyncing alone is unlikely to do you much good.

It's more likely that the content of your source feed is broken somehow. Have you tried using the W3C Feed Validator on your source feed to check if it's valid?

If you want more specific advice, it helps if you post your FeedBurner URL and the URL of your source feed. It's likely someone will be able to see what's wrong.

 - Maks.

Joy McElroy

Jun 3, 2015, 2:06:10 PM6/3/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much, Maks, that is helpful. I used the validator you mentioned and got this result:

Congratulations!

[Valid Atom 1.0] This is a valid Atom 1.0 feed.

I'm not sure what my source feed is. Would this be what you are talking about? http://yesterfood.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Message has been deleted

Maks Verver

Jun 4, 2015, 10:36:14 AM6/4/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
It certainly looks like that feed is valid! Is it possible that Bloglovin' wants you to provide an RSS feed instead of an Atom feed? In that case, you could use FeedBurner's "Convert Format" service (on the Optimize tab) to convert your Atom feed to RSS.

(I can't promise that solves your problem, though; I don't know much about Bloglovin'.)

 - Maks.

Matti nescio

Jun 4, 2015, 1:26:56 PM6/4/15
On Wednesday, 3 June 2015 19:06:10 UTC+1, Joy McElroy wrote:
I'm not sure what my source feed is. Would this be what you are talking about? http://yesterfood.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Your biggest problem with that : why have you set your Blogger Post Feed Redirect to redirect

The setting should almost always be left completely blank, unless redirecting to your
Feedburner feed URL, or after renaming your blog and redirecting to the feed of the new blog.