What are "Raw Hits" in my CSV report?

esquared medianetwork

Jun 8, 2016, 12:10:43 PM6/8/16
to Feed and Web Statistics
When I download our monthly report to a CSV file, the column with the argest number is "raw hits". Yet I don't see any definition of this term anywhere.

Maks Verver

Jul 15, 2016, 12:04:35 PM7/15/16
to Feed and Web Statistics
Where did you see "Raw Hits"? I thought the CSV file only contains a "Hits" column?

The "Hits" is the total number of times your feed was downloaded, without removing duplicates by IP-address or multiplying by subscriber counts. For example, every time someone opens http://feeds.feedburner.com/your-feed-address in a browser, that counts as one hit. There's some more information about feed hits, here: https://support.google.com/feedburner/answer/78953?hl=en

Arguably number of hits is the least interesting number to look at. Subscriber Count and Reach are typically more meaningful, if you want to know how many people read your content.

 - Maks.