Is there any way to recover the subscribers from a deleted feed?

Linda Dick

Apr 27, 2015, 5:08:30 PM4/27/15
to feedburne...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We accidentally deleted a feed earlier today, and then recreated it, but the subscribers are still missing! Is there any way to recover the old version of the feed with the subscribers intact? The feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/HHHJobOpportunities, and the owner of the feed is hhhweb[at]umn.edu.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide!

Linda

Matti nescio

Apr 27, 2015, 5:32:14 PM4/27/15
On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 12:08:30 AM UTC+3, Linda Dick wrote:
We accidentally deleted a feed earlier today, and then recreated it, but the subscribers are still missing! Is there any way to recover the old version of the feed with the subscribers intact? The feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/HHHJobOpportunities, and the owner of the feed is

Any email subscribers the feed might have had - no way to recover them , unless you exported the list of
email subscribers before deleting the feed.

However, you haven't enabled email subscribing for the recreated feed;

Any subscribers to the feed itself - depending on what feed aggregator they are using, they might never
have noticed anything, some might get duplicate posts from the recreated feed.
The stats on Feedburner will take a few days to update.

Matti nescio

Apr 27, 2015, 5:36:19 PM4/27/15
to feedburne...@googlegroups.com
Which probably isn't the case, since the link on the blog had the same feedid a week ago.

Linda Dick

Apr 27, 2015, 5:44:18 PM4/27/15
to feedburne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matti, thanks for your reply!

On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 4:32:14 PM UTC-5, Matti nescio wrote:
Any email subscribers the feed might have had - no way to recover them , unless you exported the list of
email subscribers before deleting the feed.

However, you haven't enabled email subscribing for the recreated feed;

Any subscribers to the feed itself - depending on what feed aggregator they are using, they might never
have noticed anything, some might get duplicate posts from the recreated feed.
The stats on Feedburner will take a few days to update.

Are you saying that anyone who subscribed via a feed aggregator will still receive notifications, but if we previously had email subscribers, they will have to re-subscribe (once we enable that feature on the new feed)?

Thanks again,
Linda

Matti nescio

Apr 27, 2015, 8:35:21 PM4/27/15
On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 00:44:18 UTC+3, Linda Dick wrote:

Are you saying that anyone who subscribed via a feed aggregator will still receive notifications, but if we previously had email subscribers, they will have to re-subscribe (once we enable that feature on the new feed)?

Yes. Though there's always a slim chance that some people might've be using something that notifies them
when a feed is no longer reachable and offers to delete it.

One of the more popular post-GoogleReader feed aggretators looks fine with your feed:
listing 27 readers, a bunch of posts retrieved 4 hours ago the moment you recreated the feed,
then older posts from 3+ days ago)

Linda Dick

Apr 28, 2015, 12:50:44 PM4/28/15
to feedburne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your help, Matti - it's good to understand how everything fits together.

Linda