include "read more" link in email instead of full post

J Drawbaugh

Apr 27, 2016, 11:02:07 AM4/27/16
to General Services
When an alert goes out to subscribers of a new blog post, currently the e-mail they get contains the full blog post.  I would prefer that they receive just the first couple sentences or so, followed by a link to continue reading on the website.  How do I do this?

Matti nescio

Apr 27, 2016, 11:08:40 AM4/27/16
to General Services
Either only provide a short/summary feed as the Original Feed to Feedburner to begin with,
or just enable Optimize / Summary Burner.

J Drawbaugh

Apr 27, 2016, 11:17:37 AM4/27/16
to General Services
Fixed, thanks!  I was looking all over the place in the "analyze" and "publicize" tabs.  What I needed was to activate summary burner under the "optimize" tab which I had missed.  Thanks.