Subscriber count wrong

Mike Bryan

Dec 26, 2017, 1:19:37 AM12/26/17
to General Services
I am new to blogger.com and am not seeing any subscribers in my feedburner, even though multiple people (including myself to test it) have subscribed. Please advise.

Matti nescio

Dec 26, 2017, 4:25:00 AM12/26/17
to General Services
Did you actually go to your list of email subscribers in the Publicize tab in Feedburner ?

Also, you should really replace all the base64 embedded images in your posts
with properly uploaded ones, or risk having your Original Feed grow too large.

Mike Bryan

Dec 26, 2017, 2:22:37 PM12/26/17
to General Services
Of course I actually went to my Publicize tab in Feedburner. How else would I have found that my subscriber count is wrong??? I know for a fact that multiple people have gone through the two step process to subscribe, yet they don't show up in Feedburner, nor do they receive any email notifications when I post a new blog.

I'm not sure what a base64 image is, or what you mean by "properly uploaded," but would love to know more. Please expound and explain.

Thanks!

Matti nescio

Dec 26, 2017, 3:24:20 PM12/26/17
to General Services
On Tuesday, 26 December 2017 21:22:37 UTC+2, Mike Bryan wrote:
How else would I have found that my subscriber count is wrong???

How many Feedburner feeds do you have on your account ?

I know for a fact that multiple people have gone through the two step process to subscribe, yet they don't show up in Feedburner,

I just subscribed to your https://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/VaCsS feed with a yahoo email address in the form of ac****-****
and confirmed it. Do you see it in your list of subscribers ?

nor do they receive any email notifications when I post a new blog.

Any subscribers to https://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/VaCsS  couldn't possibly receive any of your new posts -
you renamed your blog URL sometime after your only post in October, but you didn't update the Original Feed URL,
nor create a stub blog at the old address and setup Post Feed Redirect there.

I'm not sure what a base64 image is, or what you mean by "properly uploaded,"

View https://freshestreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default in Chrome and search for base64 .
Don't drag&drop images into posts, but use the 'insert image' button in Blogger post editor.

Mike Bryan

Dec 27, 2017, 2:14:20 PM12/27/17
to General Services
1.  I have one blog, which I assume only has one Feedburner feed, but I don't really know for sure. That question is over my head, sorry.

2.  I now see that I have 2 subscribers - and 2 others who have not been verified. I can email those two people to get them to complete the process. Your yahoo email definitely showed up in the list. Thanks.

3. I did rename the blog, but it was before I had any subscribers. I did that very soon after I started the blog, when I realized that .blogger and .blogspot did not direct to the same place, and that I had misspelled my blog name in the first place. That was dumb on my part, so I fixed it right away, before I had anyone subscribe. So this is a non-issue, correct?

4.  Ok cool - I will use the insert image button instead of copy/pasting images into my blogs. Thanks for clarifying.

Matti nescio

Dec 27, 2017, 3:16:46 PM12/27/17
to General Services
On Wednesday, 27 December 2017 21:14:20 UTC+2, Mike Bryan wrote:
3. I did rename the blog,  [...] I had misspelled my blog name in the first place. [...] so I fixed it right away, before I had anyone subscribe. So this is a non-issue, correct?

No, because you still haven't fixed the typo in the Original Feed URL of https://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/VaCsS

Mike Bryan

Dec 28, 2017, 4:05:31 AM12/28/17
to General Services
https://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/VaCsS takes me to a Feedburner page that does not have any apparent way to see or change the Original Feed URL. I looked at my settings on blogger and it has the correct name and address.
This is what I see:

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Matti nescio

Dec 28, 2017, 5:26:22 AM12/28/17
to General Services
On Thursday, 28 December 2017 11:05:31 UTC+2, Mike Bryan wrote:
I looked at my settings on blogger and it has the correct name and address.

You don't change it anywhere in Blogger, but on your Feedburner account / Feed Details.

Mike Bryan

Dec 29, 2017, 3:13:20 AM12/29/17
to General Services
Holy crap. Ok, I fixed that. Thanks so much.