Feedburner is not sending out email updates when I post

Michael Sito

Mar 17, 2018, 7:00:37 PM3/17/18
to General Services
Hello,   I recently launched a blog (https://libertinereflections.blogspot.com) and added the "follow by email" option to it.  I have some subscribers there, but when I update the blog, no one is receiving this information by email.   I already configured the time zone to my zone and the time of delivery between 3-5pm, but it is 6pm now and today's post wasn't sent out.

On another subject, i've noticed that friends who have tried to register sometimes have no problems and other times never receive their confirmation email, so i have to cancel them and have them reapply...could this be something I need to set up differently or is it a feedburner issue?

Thanks so much!  Michael

Matti nescio

Mar 18, 2018, 2:21:51 AM3/18/18
to General Services
On Sunday, 18 March 2018 01:00:37 UTC+2, Michael Sito wrote:
Hello,   I recently launched a blog (https://libertinereflections.blogspot.com) and added the "follow by email" option to it.

If you looked at your Feeburner feed http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/rtLlV
you'd see that it last updated in late February.

The likely Original Feed https://libertinereflections.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default is ~1520 KiB in size,
larger than the maximum allowed size for Feedburner - and some 10x as big as an average Blogger feed.

The reason for the large size isn't just the sheer length of your posts, but the fact that they are
filled with large amounts of junk Word formatting that you need to remove - and stop copy&posting
directly into Blogger post editor (or paste using Ctrl+Shift+V , not Ctrl+V , when using Chrome or Firefox on Windows).
The Word formatting is responsible for over a third of the current feed size.

So either reduce your max-results, or provide Feedburner with a Summary feed instead.

Michael Sito

Mar 27, 2018, 5:43:54 PM3/27/18
to General Services
Thank you Matti-  I didn't realize this issue...I will start Ctrl+Shift+V when paste the blogs into blogger.com on Chrome.   I assume I can still Ctrl C them out of Word and the Ctrl Shidt V them into blogger.... one last thing, if the size of the blogs is reduced by a third by doing this, as you wrote previously, will they be small enough for the follow by email function to work?

Thank you once again,

Michael

Matti nescio

Mar 28, 2018, 4:40:13 AM3/28/18
to General Services
On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 00:43:54 UTC+3, Michael Sito wrote:
will start Ctrl+Shift+V when paste the blogs into blogger.com on Chrome.   I assume I can still Ctrl C them out of Word and the Ctrl Shidt V them into blogger.... one last thing, if the size of the blogs is reduced by a third by doing this, as you wrote previously, will they be small enough for the follow by email function to work?

By just starting to do that for future posts, it would take a while for enough of the older posts to no longer appear in your feed, which by default has 25 of your most recent posts.
Really you need to remove(reset) the junk formatting from your existing posts.
Updating the Original Feed as instructed is the quick fix.