email subs not receiving notification of new blog post

Jo Huddleston

Sep 16, 2015, 5:43:08 PM9/16/15
to General Services
A short while ago I posted this same question. Matti nescio answered me, writing on Sept 8:
"The root of your problem is the fact that you've been copy&pasting content into Blogger directly from Word."

I published a blog post Monday, Sept 14 and I did not copy and paste from Word to Blogger, but I copied and pasted from Word to Notepad. Then I copied and pasted  from Notepad to Blogger. My email subscribers did not get a notification email about the new blog post.

Please help me with this problem. Thanks!

Matti nescio

Sep 16, 2015, 5:57:53 PM9/16/15
to General Services
Since you didn't choose to change your Original Feed to either
you would've had to remove the junk Word formatting
from at least your previous 24 posts.

Jo Huddleston

Sep 16, 2015, 6:30:05 PM9/16/15
to General Services
Thanks for your reply. Please tell me how to change my Original Feed to the options you mention. Thanks.

Matti nescio

Sep 16, 2015, 7:15:57 PM9/16/15
to General Services
In Feedburner, select the correct feed, then 'edit feed details' and update the Original Feed.

Jo Huddleston

Sep 19, 2015, 8:13:07 PM9/19/15
to General Services
Matti nescio, I followed your instructions, but when I clicked "edit feed details" I saw a message that said "You should not change "Original Feed" unless you move your original feed to a new domain or a new location on your existing server." What should I do now? Thanks.

Genevieve Gallagher

Sep 28, 2015, 11:26:57 AM9/28/15
to General Services
Can someone please explain why copying and pasting from Word or a Google Doc into Blogger would make a difference in people getting notification via email if they've subscribed to updates? People got our updates for a few weeks and then suddenly stopped getting them- we haven't changed the way we're doing things.
Thanks!

Matti nescio

Sep 28, 2015, 4:07:27 PM9/28/15
to General Services
On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 6:26:57 PM UTC+3, Genevieve Gallagher wrote:
Can someone please explain why copying and pasting from Word or a Google Doc into Blogger would make a difference in people getting notification via email if they've subscribed to updates?

Using one of Jo's posts as a example.

Without the junk Word formatting, the post http://www.johuddleston.com/2015/09/paula-mowery-novel.html is about 10 KB in size.
With it, it's 80 KB.

The increased size is not the only thing it causes; it can mess any other formatting you're trying to apply,
and may make the blog entirely unviewable for IE users - differently depending on their IE version,
and even depending on what version of Word or Office they have installed (if any).