Emails not getting delivered for new posts

Pat Notz

Nov 7, 2016, 10:43:41 AM11/7/16
to General Services
My wife's blog is http://www.thecasuallaugh.com/ and her feedburner address is http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheCasualLaugh with the original feed set to http://www.thecasuallaugh.com/feeds/posts/default. When she posted her second blog post, the emails didn't go out. I tried pinging the feed and resyncing and eventually emails were sent but I'm not sure what finally triggered it. She now has a third post and again no emails went out (we both subscribe). I've tried pinging and resyncing but still no luck.

How can I diagnose/debug the email notification service?

~ Pat

Matti nescio

Nov 7, 2016, 11:26:10 AM11/7/16
to General Services
What delivery schedule and timezone does the feedburner feed have
selected in Publicize / Email Subscriptions / Delivery Options ?

al avl

Nov 8, 2016, 6:08:33 AM11/8/16
to General Services
Excuse me, I have the same problems. None of the daly updates in the last 10 days was not sent to subscribers.
I was
trying to change the date format, checked the validity of the feed, several times changed Delivery Options etc.
But no result. Perhaps FeedBurner is intended only for blogs? But I have an ordinary website http://elenaturkka.ru/rss.xml.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/elenaturkka/pMwO
Can anybody give an advise?

Pat Notz

Nov 18, 2016, 8:18:12 AM11/18/16
to General Services
Sorry, I forgot to close the loop on this thread.

The problem for me was really in my understanding of how the email updates worked. I'm not sure why, but I was expecting FeedBurner to poll my blog more frequently (say, every 30 or 60 minutes) and send emails whenever it sees updates. However, as Matti pointed out, it only looks at your feed once per day during a configured 2h window. I think the UI could make this clearer but either way things are WAI.

I picked a more appropriate update window and the mails are flowing as they should be. Thanks for the help!