Internet explorer is unable to update password-protected feeds.

Bathojden

May 15, 2009, 7:29:17 AM5/15/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi all,

I opened up my rss feed this morning and found this error message on
the rss feed page

Internet explorer is unable to update password-protected feeds.

Any ideas?

Regards,
/Bathojden

Bathojden

May 16, 2009, 8:15:14 AM5/16/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services

Hi again,

I can not believe I am the only one who have encountered this IE7
error message?! What happened? I craeted a feed using the feedburner
website. This worked fine. I then changed my website and needed to
change som of the links and also to ad some new items to the existing
feed. I could not find anyway to edit the feed using the feedburner
website, so I edited the xml feed fiel and feddburner picked up the
change. So far so good. When I went into the feed page on the website
using internet explorer, the old feed was displayed and on top of the
page the following message is displayed:

"Internet explorer is unable to update password-protected feeds"

Yes I have enabled the password protection feature which is the only
reason I decided to use feedburner at all, so I am a bit keen on
keping that feature.

Regards,
/Bathojden

Franklin Tse

May 19, 2009, 12:24:46 AM5/19/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi Bathojden,

Internet Explorer 7/Windows RSS Platform 1.0 does not support password-
protected feeds. The behavior is by design.