email subscriber surge scam?

therapydoc Doc

Jul 21, 2017, 1:08:30 PM7/21/17
to General Services
In the past week I've had over 50 new email subscribers. Getting a few a month is about the norm. They are all from Outlook with long names, like ortizvzclaudog (not a real one).

Has anyone had this, too? I don't reply, the address sits on my feedburner Email Subscribers page. But it is a little creepy, a bot thing, probably. How do I stop it and not lose real subscribers?
Thanks in advance.

Shellie Evans

Aug 21, 2017, 8:47:13 PM8/21/17
to General Services
Yes, I've been getting this for the last few months, I've been deleting them every few days which is a pain in the behind!

ferndal...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2017, 8:45:16 PM9/26/17
to General Services
This is a serious problem.  Isn't this the main problem Feedburner is supposed to prevent?  What can we do?