Has someone hacked my account?

Kyle Travers

Nov 7, 2015, 2:44:10 PM11/7/15
to General Services
I used to use feedburner for boutiqueelliette.com - I changed my domain and also my newsletter service about 2 years ago.  Today I received a newsletter from boutiqueelliette.com.  It appears someone purchased my old domain for a blog in October, posted three posts today.  I'm trying to figure out if my google account has been hacked (I've already changed the password) or if the boutiqueelliette.com feed just automatically got sent to the subscribers associated with it from way back.  Does anyone know how that works?  Or if I need to do something else besides change my google password?  This is really creeping me out - the only reason I actually looked into it instead of just brushing it off as spam (I don't really care about someone using the old domain even though it's actually my business name - should I care?) was because I got an unsubscribe notice and it was for the same newsletter and I recognized the e-mail as a customer - that's how I realized the newsletter had gone out to my subscriber list.  Any advice is appreciate.  TIA

Matti nescio

Nov 7, 2015, 7:38:19 PM11/7/15
to General Services
On Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 9:44:10 PM UTC+2, Kyle Travers wrote:
I used to use feedburner for boutiqueelliette.com - I changed my domain and also my newsletter service about 2 years ago.

What , if anything, did you do to the Feedburner feed on your Feedburner account back then ?

Kyle Travers

Nov 7, 2015, 8:04:57 PM11/7/15
to General Services
I basically just abandoned it.  I moved on to the new domain and new e-mail subscription host.  So the feeds are still there in my account and all the subscribers.

Matti nescio

Nov 7, 2015, 8:22:07 PM11/7/15
to General Services
So you can still access it, but you never updated the Original Feed URL in Feedburner feed details after you changed your blog domain ?

Kyle Travers

Nov 7, 2015, 9:07:48 PM11/7/15
to General Services
Yes I can access it.  I never updated the URL because I wasn't going to use feedburner or a feed anymore.