Episodes not showing up in iTunes

Luke Stevens

Jul 6, 2009, 2:58:07 PM7/6/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Podcasting
I just recently added my feed to iTunes, and there are 4 items on the
feed now. However, none of them show up. When I look at the feed XML
or the feedburner page, all 4 of the episodes can play fine, and when
you subscribe in iTunes all of the episodes are listed for download.
Any idea why they aren't showing up in the iTunes store?

Luke Stevens

Jul 6, 2009, 7:34:06 PM7/6/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Podcasting
Well, now all of the episodes are showing up except for my new one.
The new episode doesn't even show up on my FeedBurner dashboard.
However, it is listed in my RSS feed. Not sure what's up with that.

Geoff in Wembley

Jul 18, 2009, 5:35:59 AM7/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Podcasting
I have been having same problem for months, so I created a new feed
and....same problem!

The new feed is at feeds.feedburner.com/TFGBiblepodcast

There have now been 8 episodes, only 4 of them appear on iTunes... it
all just seems like chance whether it will or not. I do the same thing
every time...please can someone advise as to the problem and its
solution. It used to work so well till Google altered things.

My older feeds (the ones which transferred from the old feedburner
site where all worked well) behave in just the same way as this one.

Geoff L
Wembley
London, UK

Bro Porter

Jul 19, 2009, 10:47:38 AM7/19/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Podcasting
it might be interesting to note that the feed that iTunes uses for
all of the old feeds.feedburner.com/xxxx reflects the new feed
address after converting to google: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/xxxxx

Your program in iTunes is showing the new feeds2. However, only
2 programs are showing up. I'm not familiar with Blogger and how
they tell iTunes how many programs to view. But in Wordpress,
in Podpress there is a section that allows you to tell iTunes how many
programs to view; I do 60 days on mine; and I used to use 180 but
that I realized would be too much for consumers to download on an
mp3 device.

On Jul 18, 4:35 am, Geoff in Wembley wrote:

> The new feed is at feeds.feedburner.com/TFGBiblepodcast

Geoff in Wembley

Jul 20, 2009, 1:13:40 PM7/20/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Podcasting
Thanks, not sre thatis the problem but will look into it

stevew

Jul 21, 2009, 9:25:29 AM7/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Podcasting
Just use xml feed for itunes and use the feedburner for rss
subscription. I have had probs with podcasts on itunes using
feedburner feeds and the consensus on the itunes forum is to NOT use
feedburner feeds due to caching issues. I have had probs with artwork
not updating in itunes podcasts.

Geoff in Wembley

Jul 21, 2009, 10:46:51 AM7/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Podcasting
Thanks, but I do not really understand how I do that. How do I get an
xml feed...from Blogger or Feedburner?

Do I then have to alter something in iTunes too?

Any help much appreciated

Scott Hekking

Aug 10, 2015, 8:09:44 PM8/10/15
to Podcasting