Smartcast Keywords not working anymore in iTunes?

webleed4real

Sep 11, 2005, 6:13:55 PM9/11/05
to Podcasting
Hi,
Does anyone know if iTunes disabled the Smartcast Keywords from the iTunes podcast search?

I included these smartcast keywords: WWE harry potter NFL fantasy football NWA white house Leo Laporte ECW wrestlecrap UFC PSP Xbox PS3 sports games

Since iTunes 5 came out, these keywords don't help users find my podcast anymore.

Was anyone on the feedburner team made aware of Apple limiting the keywords that we can use?

It may seem like a small thing, but it does smell a little fishy the way they're trying to censor or limit the independent podcasters from being heard.

Thanks,
The WeBleed4Real Podcast

dick

Sep 12, 2005, 10:20:37 AM9/12/05
to Podcasting
Hi, it seems that some searches are working differently in iTunes5 (at least that's what we are personally experiencing), but there is nothing documented to that effect that we've yet seen, and we have no information indicating that search should be working any differently. It doesn't look like ALL keywords aren't working, but we have noticed in a couple cases that only some of the keywords now work, but in other cases all of the keywords still work. Maybe just a bug...we're looking at it.

webleed4real

Sep 13, 2005, 10:58:15 AM9/13/05
to Podcasting
I think I found that the keywords that actually worked were ones that were already in my podcast description. Nonetheless, I still think there is something wrong in iTunes that messes around with keywords that we put in the feedburner smartcast.

Alexa Serrano

Sep 26, 2014, 10:59:11 AM9/26/14
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Hi, was this resolved?  I made a podcast using Feedburner a couple of weeks ago and everything but the search keywords are working.