Feedburner pulling in the wrong feed

Hannah Hudson

Jan 21, 2015, 3:52:22 PM1/21/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
I'm pulling in this feed to my feedburner feed: http://9marks.org/feed/?post_type=interview

The feedburner url is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/9marks/interviews.

But the feed showing up in feed burner is incorrect. It's showing this feed instead:  http://9marks.org/feed/ (http://9marks.org/about/news/)

Why is it grabbing the wrong feed and how can I update it? I've tried everything from pinging Feedburner to clearing the cache.

Thanks in advance!

Maks Verver

Jan 22, 2015, 4:49:51 AM1/22/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
The problem is that your site serves an HTTP 301 redirect to http://9marks.org/feed/ when that URL is fetched with the FeedBurner user-agent (or apparently, whenever the user-agent contains "feed"). If you serve the same content regardless of user-agent (or, more commonly, you serve a redirect to the FeedBurner URL whenever the user-agent is not FeedBurner) then FeedBurner will be able to fetch your feed's content.

 - Maks.
Message has been deleted