Artwork not updating except when changing feed link

David Harrison

Oct 29, 2017, 5:11:44 PM10/29/17
to Podcasting
Greetings,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue where our artwork seems to be cached.  We updated our feed recently when our church transferred to a new design/hosting provider.  I successfully updated the feed at feedburner, and the content is refreshing correctly, however the artwork is not.

The bizarre issue is if I leave the feedburner feed as is, feeds.feedburner.com/CPCWorship, I get the updated feed but the original artwork.  However, if I update it slightly to, feeds.feedburner.com/CPCWorship2, I get both the updated feed and artwork.  It appears to be some kind of caching issue. I tried running the full resync and even used the ping tool to force a refresh to no avail. Another reason I know the artwork is not refreshing is the original link was submitted to iTunes, and when I updated the backend, the feed updated, but kept the original artwork.

Does it just take a few days to transition the artwork?

Benners

Nov 21, 2017, 11:48:26 PM11/21/17
to Podcasting
I am having a similar issue. I simply changed my iTunes artwork.

My original XML feed is up to date with the newest artwork – http://www.djdonplay.com/?feed=Dance-Megamix-with-Don-Play.

My FeedBurner XML retains all the legacy artwork even though it is pinging and updating new podcast enclosures correctly – http://feeds.feedburner.com/donplaydancemegamix

I've had this issue for weeks.

Benners

Nov 21, 2017, 11:52:27 PM11/21/17
to Podcasting
Wait -- I may have found the solution. I simply clicked the "Edit Feed Details" link on the home dashboard, then clicked the "Save Feed Details" button (even though nothing had changed). Doing so seems to have updated my XML!