If I can't edit XML at Source, how do I fix the error within the XML?

Toon Talks Podcast

Jan 24, 2015, 5:00:01 PM1/24/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
My issue is this:
I need to delete it, as it's not related to my site and is outside the RSS tag.

But how do I do that if I can't edit it at source?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Sandra.

Matti Nescio

Jan 24, 2015, 7:56:18 PM1/24/15
On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 12:00:01 AM UTC+2, Toon Talks Podcast wrote:
I need to delete it, as it's not related to my site and is outside the RSS tag.

But how do I do that if I can't edit it at source?

You can edit it at the source - by remoing the infection/hack from your Wordpress
installation.

The feed is not the only place with the spam is visible ;
at the top of the page.

If you quite recently updated to Wordpress 4.1 :
updating might have removed the vulnerability that allowed the site to
get infected in the first place , but it wouldn't do anything (or almost nothing)
about the existing infection.

Toon Talks Podcast

Jan 25, 2015, 7:51:04 AM1/25/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matti,

Thanks a million for the reply! I really appreciate the help.

The current infection has broken my RSS... by updating my wordpress, will this fix my RSS or will I have to transfer my feed to fix it?

Thanks again!

Sandra.

Matti Nescio

Jan 25, 2015, 12:03:35 PM1/25/15
On Sunday, 25 January 2015 14:51:04 UTC+2, Toon Talks Podcast wrote:
The current infection has broken my RSS... by updating my wordpress, will this fix my RSS or will I have to transfer my feed to fix it?

If you are running WP 4.1 , you already have the latest stable version.
And as I said, updating it would not do anything about the infection -
and the infection is visible on other pages too, not just in your feeds.

You need to post in the wordpress forums for support.

Toon Talks Podcast

Jan 25, 2015, 1:38:42 PM1/25/15
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Matti,

I updated today, to WP 4.1.

As for the broken rss, I use Feedburner for my feed. I have asked on WP support forums and they can't help me. I'll continue to search for the answer elsewhere.

Good to know that I now have, the most secure version of WP.

Best,

Sandra.