Subscribe to podcast... you have no episodes!?

Chatter Gories

Feb 13, 2014, 11:07:18 AM2/13/14
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to get my podcast off the ground, but I can't seem to get it to test correctly in ITunes. I've got my xml setup through FeedBurner, and the Feed Validation tools tell me it's a valid feed. When I open ITunes and click File->Subscribe to Podcast... and I enter the feed address, the podcast comes up in ITunes. However, it tells me "You have no episodes." and the album art doesn't show up. It should show up with one episode (about 6 minutes long).

I also tried to subscribe to it via an Android app called Podkicker, and I got the same results.

Any ideas? I'm new to RSS feeds and podcasting.

Thanks!

Chatter

Chatter Gories

Feb 25, 2014, 9:58:38 AM2/25/14
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
It looks like I have figured out part of the problem. With Blogger, it looks like I had to add the mp3 file as an enclosure link. My first episode is now showing up in ITunes when I go to File->Subscribe to Podcast and put in the source feed. However, the data about the podcast isn't clean in ITunes.

Still working on it, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Chatter

Chatter Gories

Feb 25, 2014, 8:55:21 PM2/25/14
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com
Ok. I have resolved this issue. Not only did I have to add enclosure link stuff in Blogger. I then proceeded to remove most of the content from the xml file, mostly the itunes tags. I then took it into feedburner, and had it generate all the itunes tags for me.

Look forward to my podcast, coming to ITunes soon!

Chatter